1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your XS today?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by I am Carbon, Nov 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Welcome aboard and looks like a great project!

Jim and Mailman like this.
  2. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Welcome CC! We look forward to seeing what you do! Lots of good resources here! :)
    I would suggest starting a build thread in the garage section, where you can post updates and photos , and ask questions.
    -Bob

Greyandridin, gggGary and Jim like this.
  3. CrabbyCustoms

CrabbyCustoms XS650 Enthusiast XS650.com Supporter

Thanks Mailman, I will do that.

gggGary, Jim and Mailman like this.
  4. Team Junk

Team Junk XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Likes like one of your micro relays involved. WTF . Dwell extender ?

TwoManyXS1Bs and Jim like this.
  5. billy icon

billy icon test pilot,gunnie pig, and all around experiment

welcome CRABY...

and are we all stiiiiiillll in the dark about garys pixie wrangling device?

CrabbyCustoms and Jim like this.
  6. Jerry2197

Jerry2197 XS650 Enthusiast

Fork oil and polishing today.

Attached Files:

7. billy icon

OMgosh.. I am trying to get the engine build parts in order to start.. the woman left me because the house has no plumbing but the bikes do lol.. but serious im gonna need this to keep from going south inside. I will atleast begin the pictures of all the parts within a week ...or two.. Ive actually had this insane idea of building a supercharged xs, probly not gonna happen but these little guys are so dam cute 150.00 all day long free shipping. called an AMR 500 supercharge. I assume its 500 cc inside. they list anything from .8 to 2.0 liter engines.
    [​IMG]

TwoManyXS1Bs, jay760 and Jerry2197 like this.
  8. jay760

jay760 XS650 Junkie

Be very interested in watching the build if you do this, the amr500 is what they use on the Subaru cars

9. billy icon

I don't know, mini cooper maybe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    TwoManyXS1Bs likes this.
  10. ccconrad

ccconrad XS650 Member

In regards to this wiring nightmare i am having, are all of these butt connectors factory? Or is this some hackjob my grandpa did years ago?

I hate electrical issues because I dont know a damn thing about it. Diagrams look like french to me.

11. Superjet

Superjet XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Raining in NB this morning and temps going up to 9 dec C so a little garage time. Got NOS Yamaha fork rubber caps. The XS 650 direct lasted not long at all. Got to install a chain guard cause my fabbed one kept breaking at the welds and got tired of asking someone to weld up. Had to cut a slot in it to clear the rear fender strut. No more grease flying all over! I likethe look of it too sorta goes with the painted/chrome/scotchbrite parts I have on. Waiting for a Boyer ignition to come in the mail I scored on the classifieds.
    CEF0EF2B-A4DF-41A1-8DE8-2C9698AB02FC.jpeg 9BBD6D78-3F2B-42FC-958C-D3CEBA8F653E.jpeg D34F586F-3FCA-470B-9856-38E52BE51C51.jpeg

12. Machine

Machine Race the wind Top Contributor

Superjets Hot Rod has such Style!
    :cool:

MrBultaco, Jim, Superjet and 2 others like this.
  13. Looks great Superjet! Are those signal lights bright? I've been pondering over a Chinese set on ebay.

Jim likes this.
  14. Superjet

Superjet XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Hi Marlin. Yes they are real bright. The bulb is a dual filament if you want to run with it as a running light. I also was looking for signals that had a seperate ground wire and not using the casing as a ground. I soldered and used heat shrink on the joints and have not had any issues in the 2 years since running them. They blend in good with my setup. I think they were $25 with shipping.

Marlin72xs and Jim like this.
  15. Nice job! Rewarding isn't it?

gggGary, Jim and Jerry2197 like this.
  16. Gator xs2

Gator xs2 XS650 Addict

FL
    I’m still waiting on my carbs to finish this thing up. They were weeping at the bowl gasket. My OEM bowl gaskets we’re NOT OEM. Roland told me they were plastic. He fixed the issue. He said something about when the float went up into the carb body there wasn’t enough clearance. So he fixed it with a die grinder.:yikes: But 2 days later still no weeping. Even with the plastic gaskets. I’ve got genuine OEM gaskets from speedandsport on the way. BTW I’m digging my new lift. If anyone is wondering “ Do I really need one?” Do it. The best thing since sliced bread. 9E523003-E9DA-4F92-A9EB-73CFB72AA77A.jpeg

17. nighthog

nighthog Lifelong member of the Easily Led Club

Cosmetic changes this winter. Today it was 320, 400, 800, 1200, 1500 .... ready for buffing
    20191219_162419.jpg

18. billy icon

very nice shop, I love a clean wel lit work space, a mans work is usualy only as clean as his work enviorment,
    Ive knowticed things seem to have really slowed down here on the site, Winter? holidays?

TwoManyXS1Bs and Jim like this.
  19. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Probably both. Even in parts of the country that are usually warm, it seems weather patterns are changing. We keep getting big storm systems sweeping all across the country and extending even to the southern states.

Jim likes this.
  20. billy icon

ngk counterfit plugs going around

Paul Sutton likes this.