What have you done to your XS today?

Couple nice pieces but not too much. More of a some of this and some of that....

0791ABAD-A090-43CF-B8AA-97B424904C51.jpeg

Started her up to hear her run. Again. Guests are coming for lunch. Almost can't wait for them to leave so I can go riding. Sure, it's almost 50 but, the sun is peeking out sometimes and the roads are almost dry. And calling. Again.
Update. Well, the weather crapped out. Got colder and windy. The guests left late too. Enjoyed the visit. Tomorrow is another day.

Last edited:
Started polishing my fork lowers. Very time consuming task! About 90 minutes for just one lower, all by hand. This leg did require a lot more work though, since I shaved the caliper mounts off previously. It’s not perfect, but one hell of an improvement.
1D603220-06A0-4E08-9D82-DA4A3F2DEC15.jpeg

220, 600, 800, 1000 & 1500 grit. I am amazed how much shine the Blue Magic Metal Polish brings out after the 1500. The leg on the right has only 220 so far to remove the factory clear coat. It should move along a little quicker since it’s pretty smooth already.

Bike has been fouling plugs and I ran the battery down trying to start it this morning. So I put the battery on the charger and did a cold kick-thru compression test. 115 on left, 95 on right.

I cleaned the plugs and will do a hot compression test using the electric leg after I run it a few minutes. Then go from there.

Went back out and did the hot engine compression test. 115 on left, 115 on right. Couldn't be any closer but still not as high as it should be. Maybe I have the valves adjusted a little too tightly, who knows? I'll loosen the valves tomorrow and test again. But considering the plug fouling and the blow-by I think I know where this is going to go.

20200101_180424.jpg
20200101_180102.jpg
Just about finished mocking up one of my xs's added some rearsets which make a good place to fix the tailpipe on the 2-1 system, also cut down the fairing off my sprint bike and restored the headlight hole, brackets were a bit tricky as I don't like it when the light is sticking out too far

Back