What have you done to your XS today?

Fuel injection. It uses the outer 2 throttle bodies from an 02 gsxr600, respaced to fit the BS34 carb boots, custom velocity stacks, fuel rail made from extrusion. You should be able to see it better here.
20190601_154923_HDR.jpg

Only 1 connector there, the rest are mostly under the seat. The connector is what attaches the wiring to the left switch. I really simplified the lighting harness when I set it up. Turn signals are on the bar ends, there is only the left switch and it has lights/horn/kill, brake just connects at the master, speedo is wired into the lights so it comes on with ignition. Here's a pic showing how few wires actually run to the front of the bike. Under the front tank mount that little bundle that is taped up are all the wires that run to the front for switches and lights.
20190425_152403_HDR.jpg

Got my XS650C running in preparation for sale, it looks good, the engine sounds exactly right.......and all would be perfect if only it would run reliably on two cylinders.:banghead: The left is great, the right is backfiring.....so now it's back on the bench with the carbs stripped....the right one is a bit grotty. Fingers crossed, a thorough clean will fix it.
20200106_160511.jpg

That's incredible any idea how well it works?
Works pretty good, I rode it around after roughing the tune in. Let autotune get it close, unfortunately when I took it in for dyno tuning a wrist pin circlip failed. But it still made 45hp with really bad blow by, and conservative timing. Other than the EFI it is rephased, bored 2nd over, with an XS1 cam. It'll come back better with a 700 kit.

Got my XS650C running in preparation for sale, it looks good, the engine sounds exactly right.......and all would be perfect if only it would run reliably on two cylinders.:banghead: The left is great, the right is backfiring.....so now it's back on the bench with the carbs stripped....the right one is a bit grotty. Fingers crossed, a thorough clean will fix it.View attachment 157746
Damn I luv 76's

Really like the black fins with the aluminum filed edges,
Nice look !
I flatted the edges with a mill file and got them to the finish I wanted with a dremel before I took it in for machine work . Afterwards everything got brushed one last time with acetone, masked, and I sprayed it with JP 1 satin engine case paint. Let it dry overnight then put it in the oven at 200 degrees for 3 hours, and the next day 300 degrees for 5 hours. Then I use the Dremel to take the paint off the edges. Messy work but worth the effort, but not nearly as OCD as our friend Jim and his recent restoration which is simply amazing.

...but not nearly as OCD as our friend Jim and....
Well I'd say the level of detail is on par with mine. At the very least you've gained membership in the XS-OCD club. I'll share the secret handshake with ya shortly. ;)

There are 1900 cruisers called the Yamaha Roadliner / Stratoliner. Great bikes same engine as in the Raider and new Eluder and Venture TC. Engine is a real torque monster but a gas guzzler lol :laugh2:

That's it, a Raider.. the fellow that services my dryer ducts started telling me how much he loves his raider when he spotted my Valkyrie in the garage. I watch some YouTube videos on both the raider and the warrior and they seem like pretty well loved bikes. At 600 lb the bare warrior is pretty light for that engine size.

Back