What have you done to your XS today?

Who is that movie star? :cool:
4A7ABDDC-C849-4D2D-BC34-BFDE125BDFDB.jpeg

It makes me think about raising the ass end up about 2 or 2.5 inches with a different set of shocks.

image.jpeg

Yep, do it! I just bought slightly taller shocks. From China. There is another thread that addresses this, prolly! But, yes, it does handle quicker/better. Another thread, perhaps!

I’m back in my 1984 Schott thanks to weight loss. It really is a very fine jacket. First rate. The fit is perfect everywhere.
I still have my Schott bomber jacket I bought in College mid 80's. Still a great jacket with some well-earned "character" to it.
Schott is a first rate company.

I still have my Schott bomber jacket I bought in College mid 80's. Still a great jacket with some well-earned "character" to it.
Schott is a first rate company.
Mine was union made in New York. I believe they still are, but I haven't verified.

Did you raise yours just an inch? The stock ones measure 14 inches (full length, not center eye to eye).
There is definitely another thread on this topic. Gotta measure eye to eye. I believe my new shocks are 5/8" longer than stock. If I go any higher, I'll be on my tippy toes. I feel a little tippy right now!

Used my new “S100” starter kit this morning. Honestly not really that impressed. The cleaner is alright I guess. None of the other products are really as good as the specialty polishes and waxes I already use for the different metals. Getting ready to go for a ride with my daughter to one of our fav hiking destinations. It’s beautiful here today.
F2DF96D1-61AA-4B47-8515-291A9176A0B6.jpeg

8CBBB8BB-35D0-43B4-BA24-90BBF5A33F36.jpeg

69918EF4-38B2-4A08-865B-3C3F4D6AD479.jpeg

295544D7-28C2-49A3-A760-D7169AEA9DDF.jpeg

A654190C-64A1-4264-9E48-CBA5746621F0.jpeg

Last edited:
My camera really makes everything look better than it is. I am digging the new look but I am missing the chrome buckhorns. I may switch back to them before the summers over. My tank and derby covers are showing their age. I am so tempted to paint them. Black with white and gold accents, or a small flake hunter green with black and gold accents.

My camera really makes everything look better than it is. I am digging the new look but I am missing the chrome buckhorns. I may switch back to them before the summers over. My tank and derby covers are showing their age. I am so tempted to paint them. Black with white and gold accents, or a small flake hunter green with black and gold accents.

Showing their age? That thing is spotless. Especially compared to mine.

That thing looks good. IMHO, when it comes to splashing colors around, less is usually more. What you’ve done is inspiration for my ‘78 project.

Yesterday, I cleaned Lucille’s air filters and then I got into Betty’s (‘78E) and as expected, the yellowish bunny fur foamy stuff had totally died and had holes all over it. Fortunately, I had a couple of sheets of green UNI foam handy, so I repaired the slightly wonky metal screen-end plate joints with JB Weld and then wrapped the frames with green foam joined with hot-melt glue. It seems to have worked OK but just to be sure, I wrapped a zip-tie around the whole assembly before oiling it with some K&N filter oil I have from the Miata air filter.
6A49AB86-0480-4C9D-9635-1FC22241A1A6.jpeg

Today, I didn’t actually work on the bikes but I went through my vast collection of nuts, bolts, screws and washers to bring some order to the mess. Using some handy parts carrying cases from Harbour Fright, I sorted the stuff by nominal size (4, 5, 6, 8, 10 &12 mm) and segregated all of the Imperial from the metric hardware. It took nearly all day but hopefully, it will pay off in less searching around for the right parts going forward.
96A48E67-3464-4B34-B346-89A95F6BC147.jpeg

Last edited:
Yesterday, I cleaned Lucille’s air filters and then I got into Betty’s (‘78E) and as expected, the yellowish bunny fur foamy stuff had totally died and had holes all over it. Fortunately, I had a couple of sheets of green UNI foam handy, so I repaired the slightly wonky metal screen-end plate joints with JB Weld and then wrapped the frames with green foam joined with hot-melt glue. It seems to have worked OK but just to be sure, I wrapped a zip-tie around the whole assembly before oiling it with some K&N filter oil I have from the Miata air filter.
View attachment 163658

Today, I didn’t actually work on the bikes but I went through my vast collection of nuts, bolts, screws and washers to bring some order to the mess. Using some handy parts carrying cases from Harbour Fright, I sorted the stuff by nominal size (4, 5, 6, 8, 10 &12 mm) and segregated all of the Imperial from the metric hardware. It took nearly all day but hopefully, it will pay off in less searching around for the right parts going forward.
View attachment 163659
This is some Hank Hill level stuff. Epic

3.5 straight Saturday, then 6 hours with 3 breaks yesterday, so my wiring is clean and precise, not shitty and a mess. Doing so helped me remove a shit ton of extra wire and increased my electric start time 10 fold lol. Removed my reserve light mechanism and rerouted my dim light to an on off switch . everything is nice lol. Also removed my suicide shifter style and put it back up on the handle bar, having a son now just need to get a way re upholster my seat.

Back