What have you done to your XS today?

Got my parts from the powder coat shop today. Im including a before and after picture. Im not sold on the colour that the clear turned out. I guess after you sandblast steel it looks grey so this is what I got.

It looks mighty fine to me.
That area took me quite some time as well.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Started assembly on my trackerish/cafe hybrid build .

20150115_010010_zpsjiyu2rtr.jpg
[/URL]

Tank was off and its been a while, so I retorqued the head. Seems the outer 4, 12mm nuts were loose somewhat. Mounted the carbs afterward. I need to do a valve adjustment now. Ran out of time to do that. Tomarrow is another day.

Visual Impact brat kit welded on, new AllBalls tapered steering bearings in triple tree - love the January thaw. Back to deep freeze next week, I am sure.

yesterday and the day before I was moving my tube that goes across the frame from side to side because when I originally put the tube in I had a smaller rear tire probably stock and now with a new tire back there I think on a big bump I may have been rubbing on my tire with the rear seat mount. Took a while but cut out the old made a new moved it forward added the rear seat mounts and put some paint on it. Next major item to address is the carbs. 3 degrees out here this morning.

Today I am leaning how to use my crimper for the wiring to come. I went through about 15 failures till I got to know how to achieve this crimp.

Attachments

• practice crimping.jpg
    practice crimping.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 114
cruzin looks good
I crimped and soldered.

I cut a small groove in rotor where TDC is then painted the area

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 121
Started the wiring in the electronics box tonight, Got quite a bit more to add. Looks crowded already.

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 128
I hope the rectifier dont overheat. I bolted it to a 3x5x.25" copper plate for a heat sink bolted through the box.

A little more done on the '77 project during the January thaw. Bronze swing arm bushings installed and forks broke down for cleaning up, replacing oil seals... and to scoop out whatever that pudding-like substance was at the bottom of the fork tube. I spent an hour trying to get the old seals out - then went to O'Reilly auto and bought a ten dollar seal pulling tool and they were out in 5 minutes. Breaking down the forks was easier than I had expected from what I had read on the forums. Cut an 8 mm allen wrench and stuck it in an 8 mm socket - and 10 mm hex bolt with a few nuts tightened on it for inside the tubes just taped into a 17mm socket with extensions. Easy. Thanks to all of you for tips I've picked up around here.
Back to winter hibernation mode - a high of 15 f. expected tomorrow.

30 inches of snow so no "RIDES" for me, Carbon.... tim

Rolled mine out of the garage for a shot in the sun. Still working on motor and a lot of other things.

Attachments

• 20150130_150544.jpg
    20150130_150544.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 20150130_150443.jpg
    20150130_150443.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 103
My wheel bearings came in so I got the wheel on. What would be a good amperage push button switch to use for a hidden starter button?
1507558_10206076284535996_8418000492041519084_n.jpg

Back