What have you done to your XS today?

Out for a quick ride to pick up parts from the dealer - cam and pet cock seals. Was surprised how thin the OEM cam seals were compared to the ones I had purchased from XS650DIRECT. Bike running well, for the heck of it checked carb sync and it was bang on. I figure not so many rides left for the season (partly because of my hectic schedule over the next few weeks).

Scored a garage sale M/C jack before my New To Me XS gets delivered.
16319060866335903150452680000865.jpg

Scored a garage sale M/C jack before my New To Me XS gets delivered. View attachment 198301
Those are perfect for a Corvette transaxle remove & install. Also, quite a few other things. Mine sees little use under the motorcycle since I got the HF table lift. Still, it's very handy.

Those are perfect for a Corvette transaxle remove & install. Also, quite a few other things. Mine sees little use under the motorcycle since I got the HF table lift. Still, it's very handy.
My XS does not have a center stand from what I can see in pictures. Also, it has low pipes on the right side so I will have figure out how to make it work. There was an "I built a stand today" entry on one of these threads but I can't find it.

Today I installed a stock swingarm with brass bushings, different (longer) shocks, new rear tire on the last wheel I was ever going to paint, new rear brake shoes, new chain & sprockets, stock brake linkage, all motor mounts and different valve covers with spun center and polished edge. I hope to get the complete front fork assy and matching tire & Mag wheel installed next week.:thumbsup:
DSCN0148.JPG

DSCN0151.JPG DSCN0152.JPG DSCN0150.JPG DSCN0149.JPG

Scored a garage sale M/C jack before my New To Me XS gets delivered. View attachment 198301

I’ve got one just like it, it really helps. Here’s a tip, if you’re going to be doing any hard wrench twisting, make sure you’ve got four tie down straps on it, one on each corner. I nearly twisted my bike off of the jack once, when I had only two straps on it, on opposite corners. See below :laugh2:
3C81FDDF-C2DC-4328-99D2-274E9850BF88.jpeg

Went out and had a look at a basket case today. Frame was a write-off. Cut up too much and only half welded back together. Absolutely everything disassembled. I don't think the guy selling it was responsible for the crime scene. I think he may have got it from someone else like this. There didn't seem to be enough boxes of parts. I offered to buy the engine or what's left of the engine.

Hey, parts is parts, lol. My parts bike had no rear wheel. I had to take one along to throw on so we could more easily move it around and load it in my truck.

Back