1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your XS today?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by I am Carbon, Nov 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ThatXS650Guy

ThatXS650Guy More Sparky than Speed Racer XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

North GA
    No, just put a little on the piece and clean it off with a cloth. It comes right off with the flour.

Mikey likes this.
  2. Mikey

Mikey got muscles in his head that ain't never been used XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Got it thanks

3. YAM277

YAM277 Yamaholic XS650.com Supporter

Went into the garage, just to check on her. . . she's just fine!

Mailman and Mikey like this.
  4. Adamc

Adamc XS650 MEDDLER XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Wales
    Went to the workshop to check her over....all good.
    Weather shit.........will I ever ride this bike!:bed:

Mikey, Raymond and YAM277 like this.
  5. teamWicked

teamWicked XS650 Addict Top Contributor

upload_2021-10-5_19-7-41.png
    HaulBike.com delivered yesterday. Super excited. Couple of small details today. The seat mounting is velcro to the tail section. I added a few strips 2" wide 4" long at contact points to prevent an "oops". The charging system may be weak. The tail section is bolted down so I removed it to access the battery to check charging. I discovered that there is a power cable, + and -, that is easily accessible to connect a charger and check battery voltage. Handy to have when a wrench is needed for battery access. Checks suggested by several regulars here indicate may need a regulator. I will have to charge, measure, run it theneasure battery again to see if I am charging. The "technical info" on this site is outstanding.

resto, lakeview, Adamc and 4 others like this.
  6. timbeck

timbeck HARDLY A GURU XS650.com Supporter XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

teamWicked---Good for you man. The bike looks great and it's right at home in your garage.....

tim

7. teamWicked

I checked tire pressure, it was low.

Adamc likes this.
  8. JesseeS

JesseeS XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Got the motor together. Hit a few snags, so, fingers crossed when we start this thing lol

Attached Files:

gggGary and Mailman like this.
  9. Oldfartaussie

Oldfartaussie XS650 Enthusiast XS650.com Supporter

Today when I rode home from work I replaced the special triple lip 7mm cam shaft seals that leaked very soon after installation with 5mm seal's I got from a bearing supply store for far less than what I paid for the 7mm seal's. Much more straightforward to do now with the boyer ignition, less than one hour so then i rebuilt the rear calliper, lot's of crud under the piston and seal cleaned out and new dot 4 fluid. Also cleaned up the slider pin with a brass toothbrush as it was very hard to move and packed it with rubber grease. Now slides freely and hopefully I've solved the uneven pad wear and orbital scraping/shudder in the calliper. Still waiting for a replacement alternator rotor from Geoffs xs as it is not charging since the rotor screws came loose.

Raymond, gggGary, Mikey and 1 other person like this.
  10. halfmile

halfmile XS Builder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

kansas
    Mounted the front caliper, wired headlight & turn signals, cleaned carbs and made throttle cable, installed the Magura throttle, rinsed tank and made up lines with filters, mounted tank, adjusted the valves and pre lubed the top end, bought gas with no ethanol, started motor for a few seconds, (too old for kick start bike). Still waiting on #3AN fitting for front brakes. I might actually make that Oct 15th for sale date?
    DSCN0213.JPG DSCN0216.JPG DSCN0214.JPG DSCN0215.JPG DSCN0219.JPG DSCN0221.JPG DSCN0220.JPG DSCN0217.JPG

Mikey, Adamc, lakeview and 7 others like this.
  11. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Your bike looks great! I’m so impressed by your wiring. Oct 15th sale date? :umm:

12. Adamc

Adamc XS650 MEDDLER XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Wales
    two hours of polishing, before my maiden ride to take calendar pics.
    Then the bugger wouldn't change from first to second..... AAAAaaaaaaaggghh!
    Back to the shop:(

Mikey, SAFU, Paul Sutton and 4 others like this.
  13. maico996

maico996 XS650 Addict

It’s not what I’ve done to my XS, it’s what I’m gonna do to it. The Future Mrs. and I finally started moving into our new home. For once in my life I’ll have space for all my motorcycles without them being stacked on top of each other, AND I’ll have room to walk around and work on things. Can’t wait to start getting it all together.

D54F523A-05C9-451E-BBF0-FA9DF7D1FA66.jpeg

Mikey, SAFU, Mailman and 4 others like this.
  14. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty Project collector XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

It sure looks a lot like the one I saw at Barber.
    upload_2021-10-15_11-18-33.png

SAFU, Mailman, Adamc and 3 others like this.
  15. teamWicked

You might consider painting before you get unpacked. I masked my garage and had a pro come in and texture, prime and paint. All before I moved in.

lakeview, Adamc, Paul Sutton and 2 others like this.
  16. maico996

maico996 XS650 Addict

If we didn't have other priorities like appliances, furniture, roof cleaning, new ironing board, more shoes, and whatever else is above "garage" on her the list I would definitely want to have it painted. I'm just happy with the space for now.
    My project for the weekend is to figure out the "internet center."
    33082832-9A41-46BC-AAB6-667089B20866.jpeg
    Kinda looks like some of the XS wiring I've seen around here......:laugh:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    lakeview, Adamc, GLJ and 5 others like this.
  17. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I made my house fully wireless with routers and repeaters about 8-10 yrs ago. Ain't touched a Cat5 or coax cable since. Being able to move a TV or computer from one room to another and not touching anything more than a power cable is.... satisfying. :sneaky:

Mikey, lakeview, Adamc and 5 others like this.
  18. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty Project collector XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Yeah, but I miss her when she's gone more than a day or two.

Mikey, Adamc, Paul Sutton and 3 others like this.
  19. teamWicked

I finished a bare basement. I wired for surround sound in 2 areas and ran Cat 5 or Cat 6 along with 12ga speaker wire . When Black Friday prices on 65inch TV came out (cheap) 2 years ago I discovered that Smart TV means I don't need data,, RG6, CAT6. But I still need speaker wire to power some classic sounding old speakers from Craig's list or FB buy sell trade..

Attached Files:

Mikey, Adamc and Paul Sutton like this.
  20. 650Skull

650Skull SSSSSSSSSlither Top Contributor

Problem with smart TV's is after 5 years the Tv works good but the manufacturer stops app upgrades effectively rendering the TV obsolete, prone to virus attacks and programs wont work properly......throw away and buy a new one......

Adamc likes this.