What have you done to your XS today?

Problem with smart TV's is after 5 years the Tv works good but the manufacturer stops app upgrades effectively rendering the TV obsolete, prone to virus attacks and programs wont work properly......throw away and buy a new one......
We have a Samsung 55" that we bought in 2011 or 2012. So 9 or 10 yrs old. It won't load most apps out there, so as a workaround we bought a Roku stick. It's plugged into the TV via one of the HDMI ports. It gets the wireless signal and feeds that to the TV just the same as a DVD player would. The apps are loaded to the stick and our 10 yr old TV is brought up to 2021 standards through the Roku stick.
33 bucks for the stick was far cheaper than a new 55" TV.

Does that remove the old apps and reinstall new ones or update the old apps??
It doesn't use the old TV apps, it uses the new ones loaded to the Roku stick. The Roku is the brains, the TV is basically just a big monitor... or display. No security concerns.

Now that it's daylight at 5.30 am when I ride to work the H4 LED headlight bulb I ordered arrived and I installed it last night. Can't believe how much brighter it is, no comparison at all to the old dull yellow light so now I might get run off the road less often and even go for a ride at night. All these years I thought that was as good as it gets and only from reading posts from everyone on this forum that I got the LED bulb.

Took the SG out for a run. Got home after a couple hours. Decided to change out the rear turn signals due to too many bike tip overs on the Lt side and the rear one took one hit too many and warped the light housing, Didn't crack but it wan't round anymore. Had a set of front signals with the longer threaded inset, so I used them. They are mounted on a luggage rack to be seen better (hopefully). Got them swapped out and ops check good.
Disconnected the clutch cable at the perch for a cable lube. I'll reconnect it later tonight. Cleaned and relubed the chain.

Last edited:
Hey Thu! Bike looks pretty good.
looks good1.jpg

So how come it floods, is hard to start, idles fast then slow and won't idle. Runs good on throttle but spits, sputters, backfires and runs on one cylinder when you let off of it? Timing marks on both cylinders are dead on. Easy, right carb has pulled out of the carb holder.

right carb.jpg

Carbs seem to come out easy but you couldn't pop this back in place with a prybar! You have to loosen everything up, reposition and tighten everything back up. First time this happened was on the left side. I was scratching more than just my head in locating the problem. I even put cap screws on the clamps so I could get them tight and hold them in place. Nope. Carb holders have hairline cracks so new ones from Mikes on the way. Meanwhile with the carbs reset I'm back in the wind and it runs like a sewing machine again.

Rode the 650 to a screening of On Any Sunday. The film has been remastered for it's 50th Anniversary. Good reminder why my son's middle name is Malcolm.
LOVE that movie.

Yes it’s a great movie, every biker should watch it.

I would think that a 277 motor would be the "start" of a build project.
That's pretty much what I'd do. Was thinking of buying a used crank and cam off eBay sending it to Hugh's. And then buying a pandemonium ignition. The only thing that would suck about it is I have a hughs ignition on it now and it would be useless.

Back