What have you done to your XS today?

The one I rode wasn’t less, just different. That’s not to say yours will turn out that way.
The gain that I'm hoping for is less vibration. From what iv read about it anyways.
I was surprised my BB 750 is as smooth as it is. Granted I haven't put 30 mi on it yet and maybe the infatuation is masking the vibes but I have been impressed. Other thing, in some other thread here it was mentioned that the specs for crank runout are pretty wide and just blueprints the bottom end mightake a world of difference if it is currently near the edge of the specs.

Man! I got my carb holders in from Mikes today! But really? I don't care what you do to the pink pop corn packing, butter, salt, It still taste like crap! Haven't had a chance to install them yet. Too busy trying to convince the ponys, even though they were getting a good grade of grassohol they didn't need their timing checked or drive chain adjusted.

I tighten the left mirror last night and Buzzy just passed VA inspection.

Now to see if the cheap cover can withstand a storm.
20211025_164630.jpg

20211025_164744.jpg

That's pretty much what I'd do. Was thinking of buying a used crank and cam off eBay sending it to Hugh's. And then buying a pandemonium ignition. The only thing that would suck about it is I have a hughs ignition on it now and it would be useless.

Hey, you could always sell it to one of us. Maybe?

I have just developed a wicked vibration in my xs turned 750. Thought maybe I wrecked the rings or Mikes kit turned into crap, but I did a compression test and they are both ~150+. Re-did the carbs, still the same. Yes, I am doodling with my new sweetheart Virago, but on my last ride I noticed a chugging in 2nd around a slow turn, similar to running on one cylinder, then it unchugged itself. I then changed the plugs and snipped and re-attached the wires to the coil. Same thing.

I'm wondering if it might be the Pamco or the coil. I bought a Pamco, from Pete before he disappeared. This one had the advance built into the cam plate board. It worked great for ~13K miles. Now it vibrates. I don't believe that it is mechanical. (At least I don't want to believe it).

I don't know if a single input, dual output coil can go bad on one output. Eh?

Oh, AjD. It's hard to find a good crank out there. I ended up buying a whole bike for $250, with 12K miles. The crank was excellent.

I'm wondering if it might be the Pamco or the coil. I bought a Pamco, from Pete before he disappeared. This one had the advance built into the cam plate board. It worked great for ~13K miles. Now it vibrates. I don't believe that it is mechanical. (At least I don't want to believe it).
You have a waste spark? Swap the plug wires.

I need to experiment with different bars. What I had seemed wide and high. So online purchase, $25, arrived. 1 1/2" or 2" rise with little sweep.
1st step is loosen throttle, brake, clutch and switch gear. Then release the handle bar clamp bolts. Hold the bar when loosening the 2nd clamp because it will fall. No you must wrestle the bar left to remove throttle and right to remove switch gear while setting removed parts carefully down on the hose, cable or wiring. I mounted my new bar and determined that I need/want to cut 1 1/2 inch off each end. Measuring throttle (w/switchgear) and brake MC I cannot move things in any bit at all on these bars. So, reassemble things on new bars and ready for test ride tomorrow.
20211027_173230.jpg
20211027_171308.jpg
20211027_170703.jpg

I need to experiment with different bars. What I had seemed wide and high. So online purchase, $25, arrived. 1 1/2" or 2" rise with little sweep.
1st step is loosen throttle, brake, clutch and switch gear. Then release the handle bar clamp bolts. Hold the bar when loosening the 2nd clamp because it will fall. No you must wrestle the bar left to remove throttle and right to remove switch gear while setting removed parts carefully down on the hose, cable or wiring. I mounted my new bar and determined that I need/want to cut 1 1/2 inch off each end. Measuring throttle (w/switchgear) and brake MC I cannot move things in any bit at all on these bars. So, reassemble things on new bars and ready for test ride tomorrow. View attachment 200598 View attachment 200597 View attachment 200596
Sorry for the reverse order of pics....

Back