1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your XS today?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by I am Carbon, Nov 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. gggGary

gggGary On the road of life I'm a speed bump. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

2. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Yeah yeah I know! :cautious: I need to order some of those. I improvised. :laugh2:

MaxPete, Oldfartaussie, Adamc and 3 others like this.
  3. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I've found these nylon hose clamps to be much more easy to manipulate in tight spaces such as we are working with.
    Strong, impervious to gasoline.

nylon.clamp.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021 at 8:14 AM
    MaxPete, Adamc, Oldfartaussie and 3 others like this.
  4. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I use safety wire on easy-to-access connections such as at the petcock because I want solid confidence that the connection is going to stay on. Thats why they call it safety wire.

MaxPete, Adamc, Oldfartaussie and 2 others like this.
  5. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty Project collector XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

[​IMG] :thumbsup:

MaxPete, Mailman, gggGary and 2 others like this.
  6. Oldfartaussie

Oldfartaussie XS650 Enthusiast XS650.com Supporter

Bike cut out six times on the way home from work, as it did two weeks ago, engine dies but all lights work, left flasher a bit iffy today though . Starter button does nothing, not a sound, multiple kicks and it doesn't fire at all then I hit the starter button and the engine starts. Cut out on the motorway and while pulling off the road I hit the starter and it fires right up again?. Finally made it home in the pouring rain and started checking the wiring. Replaced iffy connector on red and white wire in the headlight from the kill switch and found the left rear flasher full of water and the bulb housing badly corroded. Cleaned it up with brass wire brush and emery paper rolled up to get inside the housing and contact cleaner. And it's working fine. Checked all the wires to the fuse panel, boyer coil and alternator and couldn't find anything faulty. Hopefully it will get me to work tomorrow.?? 20211125_164433.jpg

MaxPete, lakeview, Mailman and 2 others like this.
  7. lakeview

lakeview XS650 Guru XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

20211125_133221-1.jpg
    Initially an 18 x 20 Void
    Moved "into town" end of September to a house which previous owner had built an additional 2 car garage.
    Took forever to book a spray foam installer, but it's happening tomorrow!
    More to come.

Adamc, azman857, jetmechmarty and 7 others like this.
  8. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty, Demi & Gretel: I ask, THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

9. Mikey

Mikey got muscles in his head that ain't never been used XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Thanks to
    JesseeS :bow::bow2: 75 speedo.jpg
    I now have a new to me speedometer on my 75

Adamc, cafetools, Mailman and 2 others like this.