Went for a ride this morning.
Went for a ride this afternoon.
Just got finished washing her.
Drying her off as I type.
Then I will wax her.
Then It's shower time.
bike night starts in 45 minutes :doh:
I'm late GTG :thumbsup:

Today i spent the day re-mounting my rear fender. I had it mounted too low, and the tire ate my brake light wires. I fixed it right and mounted it to the swingarm. Didnt quite get finished, still have to rewire and finish tightening all the bolts. I dont think it will stand up to someone trying to ride on it, but it should be plenty sturdy enough for normal use.

Went to bike night.
And I'm early because the rain showed up.
I knew it was coming before I started out.:shrug:
But I had to go anyway. :wink2:
Again I was the only XS650 there and I walked every where looking.
I saw quite a few lady strutting their stuff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
And as allways down here Harley fest.
Here are a few standouts to me. But there were many cool bikes there.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

I figured out that I was melting headlight bulbs because I am an idiot and wired the switch so both hi and low filaments were always on.
Drained my oil
Inspected sump filter (intact, yay!)
Realized I neglected to order a new sump gasket
Traced an oil leak to cam tensioner

Now I don't know if I can remove the cam tensioner assembly from a complete running motor to inspect the gasket without anything falling inside or other complications. Help?

Wow, those are nice!! I do like that blue Harley, love that seat setup! I may have to do that on my bike someday!! And the Bonny, nice!!:bike:

That last one is very unique, can't put my finger on what it is though..........:D:D

I cleaned her off from the rain last night.
Airwolfie, I aint sure about the one in the last pic, but it was the only one there last night. It was my favorite too :laugh:
Oh BTW I'm going for a ride :D

Carbon, your bike nite pics remind me of what happened yesterday. I was watching the game at bar yesterday. I park my bike in front so I can keep an eye on it. At one point I see a guy talking and pointing things out to his wife about my bike. He pulls out his phone and takes a pic. He then walks by 2 Harley's parked next to each just glances and keeps walking. Lol. No pic. The xs650 for the win.
Today I get to finally instal my new mids. Pics later on tonight

Twenty mile loop in fifty degrees F.........a cold fifty degrees.
'83 runs dam fine.....love the low rumble on the pipes and the throttle response is right there. No crazy vibes. Good to be riding 'stead of wrenching.

From my mentor.......
Every day you don't ride is one less day you will.........

Love ridin instead of wrenching. Riding in 50 degrees would be nice.
Thanks to sangrededios for the nice mids
Finally got them installed. Shorter than the ones I had on before. So better turning clearance. And the I like the custom look on brake pedal.
D3602EFF-2D80-4095-96E9-0E001CF5DA29.jpg

2D4F81DF-253E-4078-9EC6-610B7939D9BE.jpg

Head gasket was leaking so tore the engine down and fitted these ForgedTrue pistons I had in the shed.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 305
Back