What have you done to your XS today?

Holy mountain tops. Nice!
Jonny- how did it come out ,any pics? I was contemplating doing that to mines. I have yellow lens riding glasses and though it might look funny. Lol. Btw how does it look at night?
I received my clutch lever/perch today. It was a cheap one from eBay. Still deciding if I should go reverse lever or foot clutch. Inner clutch line was to thick so I stuck a screw driver and tried to wedge it. But a portion of broke off the lever. Doh! So it wouldn't hold cable line in place. Luckily I was able to use stock lever. It was aluminum and grinded away to make it fit the perch. Over all happy. Perch isn't all bulky and I even have more room to adjust the throw. Pics tomorrow.
Fiddle around with rear brake and brake switch. Rear actuator arm on drum sticks slightly. So I used some return spring to assist it back. I will tear into rear drum and grease shit out of it one day.

Got busy last night and re-installed the rear wheel. Routed the wiring properly, but I still need to wire in the KZ 650 tail lights. Installed the battery box and intake manifolds.

Tonight, I didn't have much time. I had noticed the fuel "T" for the BS34's was really loose. I remembered the remedy of using 1/4 tubing on the peeled ends of the original "T". It was a bit tight fit (Like Pete said it would be) when I pressed the "T" into the carbs. After it was all re-assembled, no more slop and feels like it's going to seal, but I can still rotate the "T" if I need too.

Tomarrow, I'm going to give the carbs a quick cleaning and mount them on the engine. Maybe get to wire in the tail lights.

Holy mountain tops. Nice!
Jonny- how did it come out ,any pics? I was contemplating doing that to mines. I have yellow lens riding glasses and though it might look funny. Lol. Btw how does it look at night?
I received my clutch lever/perch today. It was a cheap one from eBay. Still deciding if I should go reverse lever or foot clutch. Inner clutch line was to thick so I stuck a screw driver and tried to wedge it. But a portion of broke off the lever. Doh! So it wouldn't hold cable line in place. Luckily I was able to use stock lever. It was aluminum and grinded away to make it fit the perch. Over all happy. Perch isn't all bulky and I even have more room to adjust the throw. Pics tomorrow.
Fiddle around with rear brake and brake switch. Rear actuator arm on drum sticks slightly. So I used some return spring to assist it back. I will tear into rear drum and grease shit out of it one day.
1531870_672413566319_2105805600_n_zpscda40291.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rode around a bit last night and it's killer.

^ How many coats did you use? I would like it darker. But I might have to try this out.
Today I attempted to make a quick throttle. Placed zip tie into the throttle grove. Worked a lil bit. Not bad.
Here is my clutch lever. Works awesome. Plenty of room to adjust. Thinking if I should cut the ball end off.

And look what I got for a good deal I couldn't pass up! Looks like I will be going 750 :)

Last edited:
Here's some incentive.
I don't know why, but everytime I see ball-ended levers, my mind starts thinkin' about training wheels and "Don't run with scissors"....

Attachments

• Levers.jpg
    Levers.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 281
pulled off the side covers and sat there drinking a Dale's Pale trying to decide how to make some sort of lower-profile covering that doesn't take up so much horizontal real estate... Something cool... but also something that doesn't restrict airflow... preferably leather to match the seat and stuff... Ideas?

Lever cut and ready to roll.

Had some kick back lately and a bit of coughs through carbs on start up. Adjusted idle mixture a bit richer and retarded timing a smidge. Starts a lot easier.

^ How many coats did you use? I would like it darker. But I might have to try this out.
Today I attempted to make a quick throttle. Placed zip tie into the throttle grove. Worked a lil bit. Not bad.
Here is my clutch lever. Works awesome. Plenty of room to adjust. Thinking if I should cut the ball end off.

And look what I got for a good deal I couldn't pass up! Looks like I will be going 750 :)
four light coats... I might darken it up some, but for once i decided to error on the side of caution with this one...

mounted and rawhide-wrapped my new mirror. No more stock flyswatter mirror! This is a cheapo one from my local dirtbike shop, but we'll see... :shrug:

1545952_672967471289_1739029453_n_zps8378ddf8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1558409_672967346539_1349762019_n_zps6adc1a57.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Drove 2 hours and bought a spare motor with 2 side covers....stator and like new foot pegs from a special. Gonna take this motor down to the cases. Clean it up all nice. Maybe 750 kit.

Nice pipes. ^^
Today I bought the wrong bearings. And found out I have regular unsealed bearings up front. Repacked front bearings and buttoned it up. Figured since bike was on blocks I would fix the rear lever arm and throw on new brakes. Greased up the rear brake actuator lever. And now swivels nice and easy. Installed new rear brakes and stops very smooth Even controlled brake lock ups nice and steady.
Chopped the ball off my lever as well
And received my 750 kit. No damage. Yes!

Back