What have you done to your XS today?

Stared at my SG and contemplated do some wiring and mounting the Left exhaust. Would have done it too but except house duties come first today. Tomarrow is another day....

Got tired of the MAC mufflers on my bike and the obnoxious sound they produce. Just sound without any nice deep rumble these bikes are renowned for, plus they were making my engine run too lean and I'm over small items disappearing in the international mail system so rather than re-ordering more jets for my carbs, I fitted up a nice set of old Lafranconis I had left over from an old Guzzi project. The end result, nice quality mufflers, great sound and no more backfiring on deceleration or popping through the carbs. Bike runs and sounds much better. Now for some decent header pipes. And my little helper as well, threw the mounting hardware everywhere while I was in the workshop cutting down the pipes, was nearly an hour searching for it. :doh:

Attachments

• SANY0021.jpg
    SANY0021.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 249
  • SANY0023.jpg
    SANY0023.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 228
  • SANY0025.jpg
    SANY0025.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 232
  • SANY0027.jpg
    SANY0027.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 257
Switched back to 7/8 throttle housing I had before. The finned one kept moving to much. Loctite a bolt that kept getting loose.
Tomorrow I shall mess with my carb adjustments.

Yesterday I finished a few things I had been working on: converted my wiring and hand controls over to a parts from an ex500 to match the carbs along with new custom cables from motion pro. Replaced my cheap trailer tail/brake light with a polished stainless 32 ford led tail light. Replaced my hydraulic clutch and brake master cylinders and hoses. Mounted the ballistic 4-cell battery that I put in a gutted starter and tested the controls and wiring. I now have a functional choke lever on the bars and everything checked out, next is to finish installing the 260 watt stator, accent lights, reinstall the tank that I had a new bung put in so that I can run a high flow Pingel petcock.

My horn has been making pathetic weak sounds for quite a few years. Took it off the bike and drilled out the 5 rivets. Once it was opened up, I used some emery paper to clean the contacts. Used bolts to replace the rivets. Re-installed and horn is really loud now....................about 105 dB:bike:

Hey Carbon, I hate you, a foot of SNOW here today---tim

Snow day so I decided to hack off the previous owners fugly brake/plate mount and fabricate a new one and put it on the correct side. Here's a few pics of before and after. Last pic is just a mock up until new brake lense comes in (current one is broke).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 219
Always rolling. Love SoCal weather.
Lubed my chain. And moved my needle down to lean out my lower end. Pj was a bit too rich. Runs great I'm just hoping I can get mileage in the 45+ range

Rode down to the hardware store, grabbed some paint and rattle-canned my side covers.
Got her ready for tomorrow, when she's going under the grinder for a couple days... can't wait.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• 35acac03-dae9-44db-be83-4440011ef8d2_zps2014e6d4.jpg
    35acac03-dae9-44db-be83-4440011ef8d2_zps2014e6d4.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2
  • 6eefbe3a-74f6-4c36-ac2d-e59b90d1712c_zpsd063dfeb.jpg
    6eefbe3a-74f6-4c36-ac2d-e59b90d1712c_zpsd063dfeb.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1
So today I took a 150 mile ride. Now that was tuff. Bike did awesome. Picked up a few items and made plans to get lots of custom parts for my bike.
Face mask courtesy of Migbaron (Google it)
And always wanted that jacket.
E21F3C32-08CC-4572-BD1D-721A0940C7AD.jpg

F1C448E0-517D-4AAF-92DA-E647FAB77F71.jpg

A few bikes that rolled through San Berdo twisties.

got sick of messing with a worn out advance unit and ordered the pamco e advance. should have done this when i did the pamco ignition.

Back