What is the average age of this group ?

I am 58 started out on a 305 Yamaha chopped hardtail with a Harley springer front end in 1975, sold that for a susuki gt 500 , wish I still had that, but then bought my 78 650 in 82 that I still have today. Will pass it down to one of my sons when I quit riding.Of course I have a 1980,1981 acouple of 77 parts bikes. Can't have too many right.

http://xs650society.com/event-calendar/

April 13th – 15th, 2017. Ozarks Rally III, Mountain View, Arkansas.

Daily rides around one of the best riding region in the USA. Rally headquarters at the Ozark Folk Center State Park. Book your rooms by calling (870) 269-3871 and mention the Yamaha 650 Society for a special rate. There are 2 rooms per bungalow and the Park has reserved a set of bungalows for us. Members are responsible for their own travel arrangements. For more information call John Chaves (813) 391-5407 or email jchaves@xs650society.com

April 21st – 23rd, 2017. Smoky Mountain Dogwood Rally, Suches, GA.

The Dogwood is back for 2016, headquartered at the Two Wheels of Suches Motorcycle Campground & Lodge – 1915 State Hwy 60, Suches, GA – in one of the best riding regions in the South. For more information, contact Marty Hallberg via email m.hallberg@windstream.net. Rally updates on the event page https://www.facebook.com/TheDogwoodRally

May 18th – 20th, 2017 LBL #33 Land-Between-the-Lakes, Grand Rivers, Kentucky.

Stay at Patti’s Inn & Suites at Exit 31 off I-24 (same exit as The Trace). 866.673.3968
Make your reservations early. Society members get the discount. For more information, contact Lee Waddington #5192 (IL), leemarji@wbnorriselectric.com. Always the weekend before Memorial Day.

June 2nd – 4th, 2017 West Virginia Mountain Rally #2, Marlinton WV.

Event HQ at the Marlinton Motor Inn, Rt 219N, Marlinton, WV 24954 (800.354.0821 or 304.799.4711) www.marlintonmotorinn.com . Pocahontas County is motorcycle-friendly and is a destination for riders from all over. The region offer the best motorcycle roads in VA and WV. Great weather in June! The town of Marlinton is small but has everything we need. Contact Dave Hoopengardner #4625, Virginia State Member Coordinator, West Virginia Mountain Rally Coordinator, caferacerdave@gmail.com.

July 7th -9th, 2017 Mid-Ohio Rally, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, OH.

Thousands of motorcyclists converge on Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio, every July to enjoy vintage racing, see some amazing classic bikes, shop the largest motorcycle swap meet, spend time with old friends, connect with new ones. Contribute to the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame and its mission to promote the heritage of motorcycling in America. Camping at the track or stay at the Quality Inn or Comfort Inn (Route 97 and I-71). Contact Al Cooper for details. acooper@zoominternet.net.

September 7th – 9th, 2017 Great Smoky Mountain Rendezvous #24, Townsend, TN.

Event HQ at the Talley Ho Inn, 8314 State Highway 73 (off Lamar Alexander Parkway) Townsend, Tennessee, 800.448.2465 www.talleyhoinn.com. We will have a Friday ride for the early birds. Register early for a great rate. Contact Camden Price #691, yamahashorty@yahoo.com. Great Smoky Mountain Rendezvous Coordinator, Tennessee State Member Coordinator 615.812.0650. Usually on the weekend after Labor Day.

September 22nd -25th, 2016 – Vintage Yamaha Rally (former XS Southeast)
Robbinsville, NC

Last weekend in September as the leaves begin to turn. One of the most scenic riding regions in the Southeast US. Event HQ & lodging at the super cool Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge. 1755 Lower Stecoah Road, Robbinsville, NC (is actually off Hwy28 in Stecoah, NC), (828) 479-3864. www.ironhorsenc.com

Exploding - you've got to come to one of these events!

I can assure you - you will be the only person there with the words "exploding" or "coffin" or "emporium" - in your on-line name. :D

Pete

Looks like some
Exploding - you've got to come to one of these events!

I can assure you - you will be the only person there with the words "exploding" or "coffin" or "emporium" - in your on-line name. :D

Pete
I'm definitely considering the Ohio show, I'll have to see if I can convince my wife to go or else I'm rolling solo, and if that's the case I'm gonna hardtail it down there, still gotta top my Paps Chicago to Mexico on a rigid HD run one day, but one trip at a time. Hopefully my wife can go though, she looks damn good in a skirt and that's certainly enough to keep me motivated on a decent run.

I'd love to make that one too - it sounds like a blast.

It isn't too far away from my place, but daughter #2 is getting married shortly after those dates and I suspect that if I tried to do a motorcycle trip in mid-late July, either it would be vetoed or my membership in this family (or perhaps the human race) would be cancelled.

Oh well.

Lindsay G, where in NZ do you come from? Taking a long shot now, does Tokomaru mean anything to you?

The Picton netball team call themselves Tokomaru but I think its a town up North isn't it. I'm about halfway between Blenheim and Kaikoura.

I knew a Lindsay G in Tokomaru just south of Palmerston North in the 70s. He is a year older than me i.e. 58. I hope you survived the earthquake well. My mother said the roads are open now.

yeah survived OK Paul, the house took some damage but is liveable.I'll put some pics on my build thread.But no the road is open from Kaikoura to Christchurch but Kaikoura North is still blocked and they think it won't be open until Christmas.

I'm 59 now,,,Got my cycle license a coupla days after my car license at 16.
Been riding on and off ever since,, All sorts of 2 wheeled things.
Got my bucket list bike done and have one bucket list ride coming up.
Mid life crisis isn't really a crisis anymore,,, hehhehheh

Soon to be 32. Been ridin since 10.

19510568_1708270919201530_6680257920050456122_n.jpg

Riding since I was 20.
This xs is my second bike. Now all I want to do is look for barn finds on craigslist and restore them. It's a fun hobby.

Back