What shocks with Radian swing arm?

Cornish Pixie

Shiny obsessive
Reaction score
Hi

What shocks are you guys that have Radian swing arms installed using?

Mines going into a '79 special frame and I would like to try and lift the rear end a little if possible?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Gary, you mean the shock mounts correct? I saved those pics you posted a while back. Thanks, they are helpfull. My frame is a special which I believe means the top shock mount are pulled forward? Can you verify that? If so, that, and the longer Rad swingarm, means the shocks may have to be even longer than the Redwings I got from Omars last summer.

Yeah IIRC the swing arm shock mounts are wider than the mounts on the XS frame. And yes the shock mounts are forward AND lower on a special compared to a roadster. Here's hoisting a Summer Shandy to you on the 4th!

Thanks, Gary. Happy 4th to ya. I keep some of that Girlie beer around for my wife and daughter :thumbsup:

Spending, {and add several $$$'s to that} several days in the Dells at Great Wolf next week.

ss4th2.jpg

Give a call, and stop in to say hi. See the wonderous shed full O XS650 parts, projects, cast offs! We are a hop, skip and not even a jump from Devils lake which hands down beats anything the dells has to offer.

434-27l5

I'll keep that in mind Gary, should I bring the truck? Cancelled plans to go to Cardinals games this weekend in Saint Louis due to heat. Wife and I are going up to St Germain Monday/Tuesday, then meeting daughter,sil, and grandson for 3 days at GreatWolf.

Back