What to do with a 1972

To bad you on the east coast. I would take it off your hands. maybe we could get a daisy chain of members to transport it to Idaho:bike:

Lots of good original parts. Still has the air boxes and one has a filter in it.

Attachments

• IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 163
Very nice price. It would cost about $450. to ship it here to Minnesota. Probably cost me 500.00 to drive out and back.
Sure wish you were closer. Let me mull it over. Thanks Dino

Attachments

• 2015-07-08 19.34.53.jpg
    2015-07-08 19.34.53.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 2015-07-08 19.37.02.jpg
    2015-07-08 19.37.02.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 150
View attachment 152362 View attachment 152361
Picked this one up in 2012, 7K on the odo, last registered in '84 too......a mess, but it's a Standard and that's what I wanted. Any and all changes that were done since then are easily reversible and would be done tomorrow if'n I awoke to a nice tank and set of tins in the red version for the year, setting on my porch........

Yeah, title and running, heck, ya might like it and keep it.
Welcome aboard!
I really like that upsweep on the exhaust. How Is that done with a fitting, by bending the head pipe?

I really like that upsweep on the exhaust. How Is that done with a fitting, by bending the head pipe?

Hey Joe,
Dime City Cycles has an extension with the sweep. It's 1 1/2" ID X 1 1/2" OD. These headers on there now are single wall, 1 1/2" OD. To mount them to cut down stock headers you have to get inventive.......thinking it was a combo of a length of 1 3/8" OD pipe to go over the stock inner pipe and then a piece of 1 1/2" OD to go over that.......which leaves my muffs with a 1 1/2" ID going over that. I ran it with the stock headers but due to the cut off length of the headers, the sweep interferes with the passenger pegs neccesatating removal......so the old grayed single walls are back on along with the pegs, though nobody wants to ride on the back anyway........
OD, ID, DD, DooDee? I think I got all that info correct.......lol

Hey Joe,
Dime City Cycles has an extension with the sweep. It's 1 1/2" ID X 1 1/2" OD. These headers on there now are single wall, 1 1/2" OD. To mount them to cut down stock headers you have to get inventive.......thinking it was a combo of a length of 1 3/8" OD pipe to go over the stock inner pipe and then a piece of 1 1/2" OD to go over that.......which leaves my muffs with a 1 1/2" ID going over that. I ran it with the stock headers but due to the cut off length of the headers, the sweep interferes with the passenger pegs neccesatating removal......so the old grayed single walls are back on along with the pegs, though nobody wants to ride on the back anyway........
OD, ID, DD, DooDee? I think I got all that info correct.......lol
Awesome thanks for the thorough info, I like to keep my rear pegs to, even though it's don't have a rear passenger I like the option.

Back