what ya guys think? :P

howry

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hi all, here are 2 option that im looking at.
no stretch chop, or 3 stretch.
dunno which way to go. i mean i would like to have it longer.
by the way, putting 190mm rear tire, so i would think ill need more space for jackshaft and electrical box eh.
what ya guys think? :)

ps, few mm off, cuz i havnt had all the numbers, and its 24angl. just cuz getting the axle plates done with that angle.

Attachments

• xs650 3inch stretch.jpg
    xs650 3inch stretch.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 108
  • xs650 no stretch.jpg
    xs650 no stretch.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 96
ps. dunno why the wheels look soo big. im pretty sure i did the right calculation.
first is, 100/90-19 and rear is, 190/55-17 or130/90-16.

IMHO, a longer bike rides better,and looks better. The two I have done were stretched 5". Just mock it up,and look at it, see what pleases your eye before you spend any money.

I did not use a jackshaft as I ran an 18" wheel in one build,and a 16" on the other.My tail was G&L on one and a Black Widow on another. I'm not sure you have to do a jackshaft, there is someone on here that makes an offset sprocket kit. I have no experience with that,and the last price I saw on it was $400. This might be a better option for you? Anyway,you may want to look into it if you haven't already.

oh i did. i found some guy did a really cheap jackshaft. but solid strong :) im gonna try that way. 1/4 of the offset price. ill need it cuz i got 190 rear :p

Personal preference and body size come into play here as far as stretch goes. I personally hate the look of a stretched hardtail. The empty space between the rear wheel and the back bone are ugly IMHO. Most people use a big fake oil tank to fill the void, but that is just that, filler. Once again ugly IMHO. I have no stretch in my hardtail and it fits me perfect (5'9") but I mocked up my solo seat and foot controls which are totally custom and fit them to mu personal preference. The marketing of most stretched weld on kits is that the frame rails flow into the back bone with 4" of stretch, well my frame rails are perfectly in line with the backbone with 0 stretch and 2" drop.

Check out my album here to see pics of my bike.

I suggest you look at a lot of pics and if you are lucky sit on a couple bikes. I took me over two years to find the hardtail I liked enough to spend $300+ on.

David Bird looped 0 stretch, 2" drop. I Love it! Good luck.

tnx for the comment :) i dont think ill like it that long(5inch), but couple inches will be good enough. dunno if i said it in the post, but i will need some space for the jackshaft. going for 190 instead 140. prob not whole lot, but still something eh. and lol i tottally messd up on the rear tire, it should be 310mm off the group to the centre. tnx again :)

Back