Whats your weather right now?

My Grandmother lived with us when I was very young. She made sauerkraut. Used the big crocks to make it in. Usually made 2 kinds, normal and strong. After she passed Mom would make it once in a while, sometimes it would get away from her and end up on the strong side. Homemade is a lot different than store bought. Grandma came over from Germany in the early 1900's her recipe was old school German that she got from her Grandmother. I can still remember eating sauerkraut with boiled beef tongue with Grandma.

Well to get this back On Topic of weather. All I can say is WET!

There are sections of our property and the property next door that are usually only flooded in the spring from a fast snow melt say in April. Well today is the second time or is it the third time since July that it has been flooded, picture below is from August but could have been from today! Also to the left of that pond is another at least twice the size. Last Thursday we were mowing that area.

water front property 03.JPG

Anyone in the south west who wants some water feel free to take some of this. I hear Lake Mead is what a couple hundred feet low?

Just taking a liberty here. It is raining (of course) but not this bad.
This was Aberystwyth a while ago during some bad storms.

The rain is just starting in Cardiff. The weather is moving to the North East so Raymond must be getting a bit soaked. Yesterday I decide to stay indoors rather than venture out on the bike. Decided to sort out my slapped together wood/metal Virago engine stand. Ended up with something a lot sturdier that flat packs away:
Folded.JPG

Fitted.JPG

It's all ready now for the Christmas annual servicing when I drop the motor to lub the driveshaft U-Joint and check the valve timing. Yamaha messed up a bit with the Virago such that the front intake valve cannot be adjusted due to the close proximity of the engine mount. Perhaps someone knows a trick without dropping the engine????

Edit: Forgot to mention I have flush fitting castors under the base so the engine can be pushed about easily.

The rain is just starting in Cardiff. The weather is moving to the North East so Raymond must be getting a bit soaked. Yesterday I decide to stay indoors rather than venture out on the bike. Decided to sort out my slapped together wood/metal Virago engine stand. Ended up with something a lot sturdier that flat packs away:
View attachment 200622

View attachment 200621

It's all ready now for the Christmas annual servicing when I drop the motor to lub the driveshaft U-Joint and check the valve timing. Yamaha messed up abit with the Virago such that the front intake valve cannot be adjusted due to the close proximity of the engine mount. Perhaps someone knows a trick without dropping the engine????

Nice work Paul.

The rain is just starting in Cardiff. The weather is moving to the North East so Raymond must be getting a bit soaked. Yesterday I decide to stay indoors rather than venture out on the bike.

Yes, we're getting soaked. Couldn't do my usual walk this morning - the River Tweed was way above the path. Didn't go out on two wheels yesterday. Today? Might put waterproofs on and go shopping on the little Honda. But then again, might not.

Other people are having worse problems. Yesterday, Cumbria had 32 cm of rain, that's 13" in old money, in 24 hours.

Severe weather warning yesterday and today for heavy rain across the Scottish Borders. Last night, SEPA (Scottish Environmental Protection Agency) declared a major incident in Hawick. That's just fifteen miles from here. The River Teviot which passes through Hawick is notorious for rising very quickly after rain so 500 houses were evacuated. It seems the Teviot peaked at 8pm some 3 metres above mean level and I think in the end the flooding was not as bad as feared. But I feel for those people who had to spend the night in a leisure centre waiting to see whether the river was going to come into their homes.

And there's more rain in the forecast.

The weather in Cardiff is starting to clear but the weather system continues to streak upto Raymond's and will do so for another 24 hours. A search online shows that Cardiff is the wettest city in Britain, yet we got nowhere near 13"...

Due to the prospect of rain for the next 2 days I've decide to drop the Virago engine out and give it the Christmas service now. Will also sort out that bolt that prevents me adjusting the front intake valve...:umm:

More rain today. I've lost count of the days now....
Dusted off my blueprints for the Ark this morning. Currently laying it's keel in the back yard.

Good plan Jim.
As you know in Blighty we have constant rain, and only count the good days; I got up to 8 days once in 2006!
I've moved on from the ark, and now use an RNLI unsinkable life boat!!
The high street is shown below
BOAT.PNG

Back