Whats your weather right now?

Here's the best video I've found. Watch the beginning to get oriented, then skip to about a hour in if you want.

thinking of you 2m and everyone else thats going to face this in the next 24 hrs+ gather up your critters and Stay safe

Thanx, peanut. We're doin' fine out here in remoteland. Mild winds, mild on/off rain.

Not so for the folks east of here. Reporters and responders have gotten into the Rockport/Fulton areas, pretty bad in there. Massive rainfalls in east Texas, will continue for another coupla days.

Latest report confirms that 1/4th of oil refineries are offline, expecting gas shortages. Our little hill country towns are supplied by the big cities east of here, another supply shortage risk factor.

I'm sure that our Austin members, including DogBunny, are quite damp...

102f Humid for us desert rats, but then it is monsoon season for another month. 10% chance of rain all week and 100-101 teemps all wwekk too.

I'm sure that our Austin members, including DogBunny, are quite damp...
When I was there, it was utter drought and Lake whatsit (Travis, Austin) had gotten to a hundred feet below normal. A deputy who rousted me one night was of the opinion that it wouldn't fill back up in his lifetime -- went into how many billions of gallons of rain it would take. Soon as I leave there's a flood every year and now they're worried about it flooding too. LOL.

102f Humid for us desert rats, but then it is monsoon season for another month. 10% chance of rain all week and 100-101 teemps all wwekk too.
So it isn't the proverbial "dry heat" for the next month. Sounds intolerable :)

Our weather here has been fairly nice the last week a bit on the warm side mid to upper 90's but the Smoke from the forest fires is THICK I can't see Mt.Shasta 5 miles away for all the smoke !
it's supposed to be over 100deg Monday though....time to turn on the rainbird sprinkler and jump in under it !
Hope you guys in Texas get through that Hurricane without any damage ! ..... and stay off the bike till those winds die down....
had a friend that was blown completely off the road at 65mph during high wind warnings ..... he survived but the bike didn't !
...... those gusts are lethal on a bike !!!!!!
Bob.........

Good images in there, Skull.
This crazy thing is expected to wander back into the Gulf, strengthen, and do a double-whammy into Houston. Sounds like a historic event...

Harvey-2017-06.jpg

08:01

More than 50,000 people have been ordered to leave parts of Fort Bend County, about 35 miles (55km) south-west of Houston, as the Brazos River was set to peak at a record high of 59ft (18 metres) this week, or 14ft (4.3 metres) above its flood stage.

Brazos County Judge Robert Hebert told reporters the forecast crest represented a high not seen in at least 800 years.

Steve Bowen, chief meteorologist at reinsurance firm Aon Benfield, said: “What we’re seeing is the most devastating flood event in Houston’s recorded history. We’re seeing levels of rainfall that are unprecedented.”

Are you in Detroit Pete???

I'm in Windsor, Ontario which is right across the Detroit river from Detroit Michigan. We get the same weather and have a similar mfg based economy but we pay about 60% more for gasoline and have stronger beer.

WOW Pete ! How can you afford to go anywhere gas is $3.05 a Gal here !!!!
Ouch !
Bob.......

Back