Whats your weather right now?

WOW Pete ! How can you afford to go anywhere gas is $3.05 a Gal here !!!!
Ouch !
Bob.......

Bob, you sort of get used to it - and our health insurance costs are built-in as are school fees and text books.

Let's do a little math.... Right now in Windsor, our fuel costs about $1.05 CAD / litre which is around:
  • $3.96 / CAD for a US gallon = about $2.97 USD / US gallon
....so, I guess we're not so badly off compared to you folks.

BTW - I just checked and Michiganders are paying about $2.23 USD / US gallon across the river - so you are getting hosed pretty well for the privilege of living in the People's Republic of California.

Last edited:
In a thread about weather, OT is singularly welcome.

Last edited:
Bob, you sort of get used to it - and our health insurance costs are built-in as are school fees and text books.

Let's do a little math.... Right now in Windsor, our fuel costs about $1.05 CAD / litre which is around:
  • $3.96 / CAD for a US gallon = about $2.97 USD / US gallon
....so, I guess we're not so badly off compared to you folks.

BTW - I just checked and Michiganders are paying about $2.23 USD / US gallon across the river - so you are getting hosed pretty well for the privilege of living in the People's Republic of California.

Ha Ha Ha Pete,

do not come down under as we pay AUD1.24/litre......OUCH

This morning, 59°F (15°C).
Record rainfalls in east Texas.

Then, there's Uncle Meat's Bakersfield report (post #833).
And, Yosemite forest fires.

I'm thinking something's out of sync.

Or we needs a balance tube...

Yup - we had a pretty ferocious rain storm here in Windsor yesterday and quite a number of people have damaged homes (this area is very flat and so drainage is always a concern).

Bright and sunny today and I'm having lunch with our own RobinC who is driving from London - 200 km to east of me.

Yes, climate change is real! Summers in Calgary usually only have a few really hot days, but not this year. All summer long we have had days of
25 C to 30 C. Our average summer temperature is normally around 22 C. Today will be 33 C.
This has been a most enjoyable summer........................amazing weather for riding the XS650!
In case you don't know, Calgary humidity is low, so air conditioning never required.

Weather the price of petrol has anything to do with the weather i wouldn't know.....................

Weather has a lot to do with the price of gas in the states...for instance, refineries around Houston are cutting back on production
and that means the price will go up.
It's 73 @ 9am in Longmont, Co now. High of 88.

Blue skies all day and 104F or so. Monsoon is taking a break this week.

Rather pleasant out here in the land of cactus and cattle.

I'm really worried about member "I am Carbon". Hope he's outta there.
Latest Irma forecast track has it grinding right over him in Ft. Meyers, Fla.
MikesXS in Tampa is also a bullseye...

Irma-2017-09-08a.jpg

Irma-2017-09-08b.jpg

Monsoon trying to come back.But it's under 100F! Low 90's for a while. Yeah.

Thought the news said we were at over 60 days of 100+ temps for the summer...ugh. Tomorrow will be 97 and thunderstorms.

UM

Well Bakersfield has been trying to change back into a desert for at least 50 years now..... and those temperatures prove it ! Damn that's too much hot weather! .... in the northern part of the state in the Redding area we almost always get a solid week or two of triple digit heat
here at Mt.Shasta it got to over 100deg once maybe twice this year .....
Bob......

Back