Whats your weather right now?

Twenty four hours of rainy weather yesterday with a cold front coming in behind it, it’ll be 33 degrees tonight.
WTH? This is Arizona, The only reason we put up with frying our brains in the summer is so we can wear shorts and t-shirts all winter. Hmmmmm......:cautious:

Twenty four hours of rainy weather yesterday with a cold front coming in behind it, it’ll be 33 degrees tonight.:cautious:

Ooooh the humanity.......

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5MS83OTgvb3JpZ2luYWwvaGluZGVuYnVyZy1kaXNhc3Rlci0wMDEuanBn

22° in UT snowing since yesterday ~10 inches , can't even make it to work on the xs650 because they haven't plowed yet this morning.

Jk. Wouldn't do that, but it wouldn't be the first time either.

Monday was 60+F but,scattered threatening clouds of rain but went for a ride anyway. 1:30, stopped for lunch. Got back on to ride home and noticed the voltage was dropping. Got stranded. Got a ride home after phoning a friend. After dinner I bought an AGM battery at Batteries + with a 2 yr warranty and installed it. It was dark and had to run headlight but, as long as the RPMs kept up the voltage never went under 11 volts. Made it home OK. I'm never going to buy a motorcycle battery from Autozone again. Stopped raining this morning and I might go for another ride again. It's sunny and in the upper 40's or lower 50's now. Besides, I gotta do some testing to see if it's the charging system or if was the battery crapped out.

Monday was 60+F but,scattered threatening clouds of rain but went for a ride anyway. 1:30, stopped for lunch. Got back on to ride home and noticed the voltage was dropping. Got stranded. Got a ride home after phoning a friend. After dinner I bought an AGM battery at Batteries + with a 2 yr warranty and installed it. It was dark and had to run headlight but, as long as the RPMs kept up the voltage never went under 11 volts. Made it home OK. I'm never going to buy a motorcycle battery from Autozone again. Stopped raining this morning and I might go for another ride again. It's sunny and in the upper 40's or lower 50's now. Besides, I gotta do some testing to see if it's the charging system or if was the battery crapped out.
Yikes. Kinda fun looking back on it after it's over though. I suspect it's not the battery or the charging system, but the wiring. That's the best explanation for working but mediocre charging that used to be fine. I've had a crimp go bad at the connector to the reg/rec that kept the voltage low. Enough tarnish at a connection in a low current circuit and everything gets thrown off and it won't work..

Since yesterday we have been in tweener weather. We have had rain, sleet, snow, hail and even 2Ms graupel plus high winds. Power has gone out 8 times today for a few seconds at a time. Must be icy lines getting together. At least the power comes right back on. Could be worse.

Since yesterday we have been in tweener weather. We have had rain, sleet, snow, hail and even 2Ms graupel plus high winds. Power has gone out 8 times today for a few seconds at a time. Must be icy lines getting together. At least the power comes right back on. Could be worse.

Hi GLJ,
betcha got tired of re-setting your electric clocks about outage #3, eh?
I reckon Saskpower cuts our power now and then just to keep us trained up on how to do that.
But my 1940's Art Deco analog electric clock just stops at a power outage and starts up again after so I can time the outage.
Meanwhile, today in Saskatoon, clear skies, no wind and it's warmed up to minus 22ºC.

You guys have had the snow and we have had the rain........ A before and now
Last clear satellite pic before the rain and then the next clear one
Before the rain 24th 1 2019.......Cloud cleared 8-2-2019............today 14-2-2019
24-1-2019.png 8-2-2019.png 13-2-2019.png
After years of drought the farmers were happy to have rain, when a years worth of rain fell in a week and maybe up 500,000 cattle are dead and that river system has overflowed in to 2 others and its about 300 klm long and up to 60 klm's wide

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-15/great-barrier-reef-muddy-flood-plume-fears/10812910

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-turn-the-flood-massacre-of-queensland-cattle

You guys have had the snow and we have had the rain........ A before and now
Last clear satellite pic before the rain and then the next clear one
Before the rain 24th 1 2019.......Cloud cleared 8-2-2019............today 14-2-2019

After years of drought the farmers were happy to have rain, when a years worth of rain fell in a week and maybe up 500,000 cattle are dead and that river system has overflowed in to 2 others and its about 300 klm long and up to 60 klm's wide

I could not bring myself to click on the "LIKE" button after reading and seeing the pictures! So sad for not only the people who have lost so much but for the suffering and deaths of all the animals, both domestic and wild.

Trying hard not to venture into politics but makes me sad to think we in the USA have so many in power who everyday claim there is no such thing as "Climate Change"! Just a couple weeks back in the matter of a few days we went from temperatures in the double digit negative ºF to setting highs in the mid 60ºF!

I was online reading a scientific article about extinction events on this planet and was surprised to find there have been five mass extinctions over millions of years. Everyone knows about the last major one that killed off the dinosaurs that was caused by a meteor impact, that has happened twice actually. There were a couple caused by massive volcanic outflows and eruptions.
But what really surprised me was that the article went on to state that we are currently in a major extinction cycle, the fastest in known history. Most cycles happen gradually over millions of years. It went on to say that by the year 2100 ( and I’m going from memory here) something like 60% of all ocean life will be gone due to climate change.
Whatever you believe the catylist for that change is.

Back