Whats your weather right now?

Trying hard not to venture into politics but makes me sad to think we in the USA have so many in power who everyday claim there is no such thing as "Climate Change"
The sadder part is that it became political in the first place. It's a science.

Yesterday was sunny and 54. All remnants of snow disappeared. Snow started 'bout 45 min. ago. 3-5" projected.... over 1" per hr. :yikes:

IMG_20190215_104327.jpg

Yesterday it was 58 degrees at noon when Glenda and I got back from garage sales, 45 at 3:00 and 25 at 4:00. No snow whatsoever. Took this pic 5 min ago. Yes it`s the same picture, just a different day. Squirrel is making a run for it! Where are those "Farting Cows" when you need em??:yikes:
today 002.JPG

Last edited:
Yesterday it was 58 degrees at noon when Glenda and I got back from garage sales, 45 at 3:00 and 25 at 4:00. No snow whatsoever. Took this pic 5 min ago. Yes it`s the same picture, just a different day. Squirrel is making a run for it! Where are those "Farting Cows" when you need em??:yikes:

I think the worst mistake was using the title "Global Warming". Climate is not like the heat in your house where if you turn that dial on the thermostat up five degrees every room in the house now becomes warmer by the same five degrees. Change the temperature of the water a few degrees in the middle of the Pacific and that will change the way the wind blows in the Arctic.

Living east of the Great Lakes lets one understand how just a very slight change in the angle the wind blows across one of those lakes can make a major difference in how much or how little snow falls in your yard. I can have not a touch of snow in my yard and less than forty miles drive away they are dealing with four feet or more. Then when we have a winter heat wave up in the sixties I think it's great while those forty miles away are dealing with major flooding caused by the melt off and ice dams choking rivers and streams.

984B3A5C-7400-4785-BF58-F260AC9BCAB1.jpeg
Strange as it may seem. February 15th afternoon bright and clear 14/15 deg C. It was that nice I took my summer only XS out for a spin. Enjoyed a short ride, and no need to clean it either.
Quick update, just watched the weather and it has quoted 17.5 deg C in Wales. Is this really England.

Last edited:
Ooof! Looks like you’re getting ready to go riding! Ha! :laugh2:
A-hole! Just go ride around and post pics, it makes us feel better.
Allison's headed to ski the Birkie, 34 mile cross country race in Northern WI this weekend. She says "I get three times more value out my entry fee than the race leaders.."

There's a video where a guy has screwed sheet metal screws into his tires and he rides along on snow and ice pretty nicely. Those short screws with the hex head and slot and little flange.

A different video. The one I was thinking of, the guys riding around town. Can be done...

Well, I just got back from physio (122 deg. today + 2.5 km on the bike so not too bad) and its cold, cloudy, damp and crappy outside. :wtf:

My late Dad was a high school VP and he always used to call the period from mid-January to late-February the "crap-time" of the year. The fun of Christmas is over, the promise of spring seems forever into the future, the sun is low in the cloudy grey sky, the temperatures go up and down causing slush and mush on the streets and everyone is tired of having slightly wet feet in their slightly damp boots. Dad always said that more kids drop out of school or just quit trying, more teachers loose their tempers and become unreasonable with their classes and it is just generally a bad time. He warned us to never make a major decision during these weeks as it would almost certainly turn out to be a mistake.

Anyhow - spring WILL come soon and so we, in the north, will persevere and we'll get there.

Cheers all,

Pete

Jeeze Gary! Your wife is an impressive athlete! Cross country skiing is a hard workout!

It’s been weird weather here in Arizona this year too. We rarely have freezing weather but this winter we’ve had several. A lot of the landscape plants that folks around here have, lean towards tropical and they burn very badly when we have a hard freeze. Something you guys probably don’t see much is sheets covering frost tender plants , we’ve got them all over the neighborhood right now. It froze last night again and might again later in the week. It’s funny , another thing, all the Arizonans are dressed like it’s Siberia outside and all of our winter visitors are in shorts and sandals and laying out by the pool. It’s a funny contrast.

Back