Whats your weather right now?

We're having our obligatory March Blizzard. 32° and near white-out conditions.
Good news is, it's supposed to end around noon.
Bad news is, I'm supposed to be 100 miles from here by 1:30 - Not sure if that's gonna happen or not.

People.jpg Cooper plow.jpg I feel guilty.. almost... kind of... I live in a condo... as a result I got people… don't own a snow shovel.. snow blower.. lawn mover...
my buddy lives on the family farm south of me... he has a snow plow truck.. a snow plow tractor... but... with the overnight winds... they couldn't help.. so... he broke out the snow blower and had to work 6 hrs.. his driveway ends at the tree line...
I feel guilty.. .. almost.. kind of.....

OK - I am coming to that fork in the road where we downsize from a house/garage/yard/shed etc. to....something else.

My choice is a couple of acres in the country with a big-@ss heated shop so that I can play with my toys and the acreage is so that I do NOT have to listen to nitwit neighbours blathering. arguing or even living their lives (about which I don't give a flying....), but Mike, you seem to have lots of toys and projects with a condo lifestyle.

How do you do that?

Last edited:
OK - I am coming to that fork in the road where we downsize from a house/garage/yard/shed etc. to....something else.

My choice is a couple of acres in the country with a big-@ss heated shop so that I can play with my toys and the acreages is so that I do NOT have to listen to nitwit neighbours blathering. arguing or even living their lives (about which I don't give a flying....), but Mike, you seem to have lots of toys and projects with a condo lifestyle.

How do you do that?

He’s gotta have a offsite garage somewhere.
You know what’s popular here with guys who have lots of toys and want a man’s hang out space? They rent small plane hangers at the small local airports, of which Phoenix has many. Ever seen Jay Leno’s garage? Plane hanger!

He’s gotta have a offsite garage somewhere.
You know what’s popular here with guys who have lots of toys and want a man’s hang out space? They rent small plane hangers at the small local airports, of which Phoenix has many. Ever seen Jay Leno’s garage? Plane hanger!

ahhhhh....I'll have to look into that. Hmmmm - I wonder how much that would cost....

View attachment 136139 View attachment 136138 I feel guilty.. almost... kind of... I live in a condo... as a result I got people… don't own a snow shovel.. snow blower.. lawn mover...
my buddy lives on the family farm south of me... he has a snow plow truck.. a snow plow tractor... but... with the overnight winds... they couldn't help.. so... he broke out the snow blower and had to work 6 hrs.. his driveway ends at the tree line...
I feel guilty.. .. almost.. kind of.....
snobota1.jpg

Just sayin...

Gonna have to go fire that puppy up in a bit, snow is winding down.
snobota.jpg

eeeyyyyahhh - keeping peace is important.

I checked out the Toy Barn website - it sure looks like a great facility (actually set of facilities around Phoenix) - but perhaps a bit "grand" for my needs and wallet.

Pete

PS - you’re killin’ me DE

Last edited:
My choice is a couple of acres in the country with a big-@ss heated shop so that I can play with my toys and the acreage is so that I do NOT have to listen to nitwit neighbours blathering. arguing or even living their lives (about which I don't give a flying....), but Mike, you seem to have lots of toys and projects with a condo lifestyle.
How do you do that?

Hi Pete,
if the multi-million dollar lottery ever kicks in I'm gonna build a nice little bungalow atop a same size heated shop and commute by elevator.
But motormike must have to commute between condo & shop and unless he's got parking at both he'll need a folding bicycle.

Last edited:
Hey CANADA come get your weather, it's drunk and wandering around in Texas!

Hi Gary, Mailman,
it ain't Canadian weather at all, it's POLAR weather.
And who lives at the North Pole and has the power to send polar weather as far south as Texas, eh?
Santa Claus, that's who.
Merry (belated) Christmas!

Hi Gary, Mailman,
it ain't Canadian weather at all, it's POLAR weather.
And who lives at the North Pole and has the power to send polar weather as far south as Texas, eh?
Santa Claus, that's who.
Merry (belated) Christmas!
And just in case some here have forgot their geography lessons most weather comes from the west and what is that big state to the west of Canada? And at the risk of getting too political what country is west of Alaska? No coldusion!

Hey CANADA come get your weather, it's drunk and wandering around in Texas!

Yeah it is.
Setting records down here.
3 hard-freeze nights in a row. 22°F, 21°F, and down to 25°F tonight.
First I've seen and heard of this.

For all that cold that's draining outta the polar cap,

What's backfilling it?

Well here the latest for us:

Winter Storm Warning in effect until Thursday, 10:00 AM EST. Source: U.S. National Weather Service
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow expected. Total snow accumulations
of 8 to 14 inches expected. Localized total snow accumulations
up to 18 inches possible across extreme northwestern Onondaga
County.

Only possible good thing for some of us the angle of the wind over Lake Ontario is very critical for who gets dumped on. I could be getting that 18 inches and YamaDude might only get 2 inches and, forget his name but the guy up in Oswego County, we might not hear from for a couple months!

Back