Whats your weather right now?

6th day of rain. 6 more forecasted now.
Pacific North West Deluge :banghead:

Wet snow, the salt trucks have been by three times so far. FARK!

This is shaping up to be the weather year from hell. Jeeze Louise! Here, the wind has been howling for two days straight, and in the desert, that means blowing dust. For the first time I can ever remember, today our air quality was actually rated as hazardous! Meaning it is unsafe for anyone to do any level of activity outdoors! I’ve had to wear a dust mask, when I go outside.

A bit cool today. 72 hi but at 0100hr. Cold front came thru today and it was windy all day 20mph gusting to 40 mph.

Anyone else riding today?
april 11-2019.jpg

Last edited:
Live from Surprise Az, 70 degrees on its way to 77. The wind died down, and it’s beautiful out. I can’t ride yet, but I’m out walking.
4B3A09E3-0EA6-4861-AFF0-595FC9DBDBE8.jpeg
433D2CDF-73AC-4567-AFB3-17B376E26574.jpeg

The Ocotillo are in full bloom right now. Very pretty. During the hot months they drop all their leaves to conserve moisture and just look like dead, super thorny sticks.
222E504D-5BEA-4E2C-A560-81C7D44FF40D.jpeg

Wow! That’s all pollen right? I know, I don’t care that I look goofy, I’m wearing a dust mask when I go for a walk.
A 30 minute walk without a mask isn’t worth hacking and sneezing all night.

My friend lives in Albany Wi. He's got a HD Fat Boy and I called him about this blizzard and he said, They have a saying, " If your snow blower gets more use than your motorcycle, you must be in Wisconson."
Wow! That’s all pollen right? I know, I don’t care that I look goofy, I’m wearing a dust mask when I go for a walk.
A 30 minute walk without a mask isn’t worth hacking and sneezing all night.
Yeah, my sinuses would get messed up on the bike, going through the woods in spring or when it got cold.

Anyone else riding today?
View attachment 138776
I just spoke to my buddy in Albany and he corrected me. The saying is,"If you have more MILES on your snow blower than your motorcycle, you're in Wisconson." He bought this '98 Fat Boy for $2500 from a women who's husband split and left it in the garage. ATF was after him for manufacturing and selling fireworks from his house. It needed a drive belt, drive pulleys, drive gears, a drive case cover, brakes, tires and carb rebuilding kit. He said it cost him $1500 in parts. He put it together. It came with Edelbrock upgrades. These pix are a week old. And according to Chris, a half hour away from you. And my wife on a bike at Harley Museum in Milwaukee.

Attachments

• Chris's Bike 002.jpg
    Chris's Bike 002.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Chris's Bike 001.jpg
    Chris's Bike 001.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Seattle Trip 762.jpg
    Seattle Trip 762.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I think it’s going to skip right over spring this year and go straight from winter to summer!
Yesterday and today, went to the Jersey Shore and got socked in. And for two different reasons. Saturday we took a couple of cruisers to ride the boardwalks of Asbury Park, Ocean Grove, Bradley Beach, Belmar and Spring Lake. (If you don't have fat cruiser tires, the boards will rattle you, and your hands, feet and butt will get numb) We got down to Allenhurst where we parked in a warm hazy 74 degrees, just north of Asbury. We smelled smoke. We biked to the Asbury boardwalk and there were fire engines from many towns everywhere. A building just south of the Asbury boardwalk in Ocean Grove, which was destroyed by Superstorm Sandy and rebuilt was up in flames and all the fire trucks were stationed for miles along the boardwalks of those towns that still have wooden boardwalks. If the wind shifts from south to north along the ocean and the boards catch fire, they will burn in a straight line like a fuse. The towns are also in jeopardy. We biked into a 12 mph south wind and came back with the wind at our backs in dead calm, got back to the van, but couldn't stay there to change as the smoke was so dense when we passed north of the fire and had drive inland to park. Then we drove to Sandy Hook and the dense smoke followed the coast for 12 miles and we still smelled it there. As soon as we got home all the clothes we wore had to be washed to get out the smoke.
Sunday we drove to Seaside Heights to visit a friend. It was in the low 60's and overcast. We drove over a causeway on Barnegat Bay into a heavy ocean fog that suddenly came onshore as the wind turned to the east with a drop in temps and dampness that goes through your bones. We left and once again traveled the coastal route in a dense fog that clung to everything. As soon as we turned a half mile inland after Atlantic Highlands, the fog which made the ocean and seacoast landscape a white-out disappeared and the first thing we saw was an offshore 26' fishing boat on a trailer headed the opposite way on the highway for the Atlantic Highlands Marina launch ramp for a night of fishing the striper grounds at Flynn's Knoll. In a matter of seconds we knew his hopes would be dashed as the fog made going out to the fishing grounds at the tip of Sandy Hook impossible. You would be in the company of freighters and tankers in the sea lanes which come right through there at night in a dense fog. That boat is the Carnival Cruise Lines "Anthem of the Sea" as it passed Sandy Hook on another trip (with Long Island in the background). This ship was on the news going through a big storm. Waves were lapping the decks four decks up on this 12 deck cruise ship. Water was pouring down the elevator shafts and it was yawing over 25 degrees. There are videos from passengers on YouTube.
Then I found this interesting article on the Bering Sea Ice and how interconnected this ice is to a whole eco system.

Attachments

• 446.jpg
    446.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 135
  • SUMMER'17-IBSP,SANDY HOOK NEW TAPPANZEE BRDG,PROPERTY LINE 128.jpg
    SUMMER'17-IBSP,SANDY HOOK NEW TAPPANZEE BRDG,PROPERTY LINE 128.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Dracaena Marginata, Berring Sea Ice 005.jpg
    Dracaena Marginata, Berring Sea Ice 005.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Back