Whats your weather right now?

E8E41385-88CB-4F2D-AF9D-3DB3D01F8B00.jpeg

Pacific Northwest has perfect swimming weather right now !

Attachments

• 248C6797-4A98-4EF4-8E05-2005441E7310.jpeg
    248C6797-4A98-4EF4-8E05-2005441E7310.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 334B3D68-A939-4A80-843D-2BD31017BD13.jpeg
    334B3D68-A939-4A80-843D-2BD31017BD13.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 147
Well Yamadude talked me into going to a small motorcycle show in a small town near here and I wake up to 49ºF temp this morning!

Hope it at least warms up a bit before I have to head out or wife will not be too happy!
Well just got home from show. It did warm up while there but then the clouds rolled in on the way home and got a bit chilly. Wife had a hoodie on under her riding jacket and still had goose-bumps showing by time we got to the house!

Had a good time talking bikes with Jeff(AKA Yamadude) and other people. Even happened to notice, while showing Jeff and some other guys the front-end on the Sportster for the sidecar, that one of the bolts for the Heim joint pivots the nut had backed out a bit over 1/8 inch! So there was a little discussion about safety-wiring! Not sure what the proper method would be for a nut and bolt assembly, guess a lesson from Jim is in order!

I did open the trunk on sidecar and pulled out the tool kit and tightened the nut for the ride home, and checked the left side as well.

If enough threads are exposed, a second “ jam “ nut could also be used. I’ve never seen one back off by itself.
Yeah.... and if there aren't enough threads.... use some "bottled safety wire." .... (blue loctite). :smoke:

Weather right now is beautiful, 72 and sunny with low humidity. Earlier this week not so much. On Monday my girlfriend asked me if I would take her to a town 35 miles east of here to a butcher shop on Wednesday on the BMr. Since I have been riding almost everyday all summer by myself I couldn't hardly say no. She has not ridden with me since 02 when we rode around Lake Superior. If I told you what happened to the bike and me on that trip you would wonder why I ever agreed to ever take her for another ride. Anyway I took the 650 for a ride Wednesday morning about 100 miles. Got home about 11:30. Needed a butt break. At 12:30 I checked the weather radar and a storm was heading our way. Weather said storm would be after 3. Told her if we were going to go we needed to get going. Being female we didn't leave until 1.
Got to butcher shop. Brats for cookout tonight bought. Headed home. Thought things would be OK. 15 miles down the road could see sky getting darker ahead. In less than a mile it looked like night, had to take sunglasses off and could see rain coming down 1/4 mile ahead. Farm country no where to hide. Rain started, it was like someone flushed a toilet. We were running straight west wind out of west not to bad fairing giving good protection. Then the road had a big sweeping left hander to where it was running straight south. Oh boy. Instant drenching, rain coming straight sideways from the right. Still nowhere to hide, not even a decent tree to hide behind nothing but corn fields. Downshift, downshift again running in 3rd, car behind slows and stays 1/8 mile behind me. Wind increases and moves me from the right side of my lane to the center line, damn that was a big gust. Wanted to stop, no real shoulder to the road. Pavement ends mud and gravel begins plus I didn't think I could hold bike up against rain and wind.
Kept plugging along. Up ahead I could see wind picking up water off of a bean field. New it was a big flat line wind. Got to the white line on the right side of my lane, downshifted to second and braced for impact. I had checked and there were no cars coming at me. There was a truck at a intersection ahead.
Holly molly. I had the bike already leaning to the right fighting the wind. That gust hit us, stood the bike up straight and moved it into the oncoming lane. Half way across the left lane I leaned the bike as hard as I could to the right and gave it some throttle. The Conti Go's held on and we got back to our lane. If there had been a walnut in my you know what it would have been pulverized. Mile latter road turned west into a small town and we waited out the storm under a canopy at a Casies.
Girlfriend wasn't phased much, she did say she thought we were going to tip over. May be another 17 years before I take her for a ride. I've ridden is some bad weather but never had wind move me a lane and a half before.

C9ED509C-BD62-4BDF-87AB-F692D906F98D.jpeg
Saturday , Again it’s just too nice out to stay home ..

Attachments

• 10958BD9-EA2E-4E8B-918F-95E4B7976DDE.jpeg
    10958BD9-EA2E-4E8B-918F-95E4B7976DDE.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 82C24970-BF49-4BBD-8996-0BEA17D077C6.jpeg
    82C24970-BF49-4BBD-8996-0BEA17D077C6.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 50D68E51-1372-4A97-AFA2-83311E6DF228.jpeg
    50D68E51-1372-4A97-AFA2-83311E6DF228.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 7B81FF9E-15E1-4229-93C2-1B03CC8E6C6F.jpeg
    7B81FF9E-15E1-4229-93C2-1B03CC8E6C6F.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 1A795CF0-D4B5-4B6F-B8DC-8D1E98DB8A02.jpeg
    1A795CF0-D4B5-4B6F-B8DC-8D1E98DB8A02.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 157
  • ECBC8F64-E53C-4DEA-B85E-D2CF8FA737ED.jpeg
    ECBC8F64-E53C-4DEA-B85E-D2CF8FA737ED.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 114
Weather right now is beautiful, 72 and sunny with low humidity. Earlier this week not so much. On Monday my girlfriend asked me if I would take her to a town 35 miles east of here to a butcher shop on Wednesday on the BMr. Since I have been riding almost everyday all summer by myself I couldn't hardly say no. She has not ridden with me since 02 when we rode around Lake Superior. If I told you what happened to the bike and me on that trip you would wonder why I ever agreed to ever take her for another ride. Anyway I took the 650 for a ride Wednesday morning about 100 miles. Got home about 11:30. Needed a butt break. At 12:30 I checked the weather radar and a storm was heading our way. Weather said storm would be after 3. Told her if we were going to go we needed to get going. Being female we didn't leave until 1.
Got to butcher shop. Brats for cookout tonight bought. Headed home. Thought things would be OK. 15 miles down the road could see sky getting darker ahead. In less than a mile it looked like night, had to take sunglasses off and could see rain coming down 1/4 mile ahead. Farm country no where to hide. Rain started, it was like someone flushed a toilet. We were running straight west wind out of west not to bad fairing giving good protection. Then the road had a big sweeping left hander to where it was running straight south. Oh boy. Instant drenching, rain coming straight sideways from the right. Still nowhere to hide, not even a decent tree to hide behind nothing but corn fields. Downshift, downshift again running in 3rd, car behind slows and stays 1/8 mile behind me. Wind increases and moves me from the right side of my lane to the center line, damn that was a big gust. Wanted to stop, no real shoulder to the road. Pavement ends mud and gravel begins plus I didn't think I could hold bike up against rain and wind.
Kept plugging along. Up ahead I could see wind picking up water off of a bean field. New it was a big flat line wind. Got to the white line on the right side of my lane, downshifted to second and braced for impact. I had checked and there were no cars coming at me. There was a truck at a intersection ahead.
Holly molly. I had the bike already leaning to the right fighting the wind. That gust hit us, stood the bike up straight and moved it into the oncoming lane. Half way across the left lane I leaned the bike as hard as I could to the right and gave it some throttle. The Conti Go's held on and we got back to our lane. If there had been a walnut in my you know what it would have been pulverized. Mile latter road turned west into a small town and we waited out the storm under a canopy at a Casies.
Girlfriend wasn't phased much, she did say she thought we were going to tip over. May be another 17 years before I take her for a ride. I've ridden is some bad weather but never had wind move me a lane and a half before.

OMG Greg! What are the odds, that after all this time , for you and your girlfriend to have such an experience!
Glad you two survived the ride, sounds brutal! :yikes:

Oh good grief. I'm not believing this.
2 nights in a row.
Got over 2" last night, another 2" just now.
View attachment 148063

Just like yesterday, the rainstorm just sits there.
Way out of the ordinary for out here, in August...

You must be getting all the rain that we’re not! Driest summer in many years.

Back