Whats your weather right now?

Wow Mailman - that is a pretty good dump of slippery stuff. People in Phoenix must be finding it pretty tough getting around through that.

Family friends moved from Ottawa (frickin' friggin' cold and snowy) to South Carolina some years ago and they told us that even the smallest snow fall there caused total havoc on the roads as people had bald tires, weak batteries and no driving skills on low-friction surfaces. Our friends stated said that if it snowed, aside from the fact that all the schools and many businesses were closed, it was their policy to stay at home all day just to avoid the huge number of cars sliding back and forth across the roads or stalled out in traffic.

Geeezzzz Louise!

Last edited:
I dont know about Phoenix but i do know thatin Tucson there are no sewer systems to handle rainwater runoff from the streets and roadways..thus it all runs down the streets and floods everywhere. People in tucson just plow through the pooling floodwaters as if its nothing at all then wonder why they have no effing brakes when they collide with vehicles in front of them..been there seen that...LOL
Oh and I bet most of you all have never seen water running in a northerly direction instaed of a southerly direction either...as it does West of the Continental Divide...

33 right now with miserable periods of arthritis. :sneaky: We had a heavy rain the other night that washed the salt off the roads. Sunday is forecasted for 58 and sunny, so maybe I can get one more ride in. Right now there's a slushy winter mix about an hour out, so we'll see what happens with the salt trucks...

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Yeah, we’ve been in the middle of an unusually strong winter storm for days now. We went from having one of the driest years on record, to getting a couple of inches of rain in about 48 hours. Northern Arizona has some mountainous areas that get winter snow and once in a while a really strong front can push that weather down into the desert. It is rare, but hail and more rarely, snow flurries can happen, but it melts almost immediately.
Weather Channel said Phoenix hasn't had rain in 6 months until now.

Cold and raining here 52° and 100% humidity...currently outdoors...indoors its 86° with very low humidity...

Cold and raining here 52° and 100% humidity...currently outdoors...indoors its 86° with very low humidity...
Honeywell makes a nice warm moist air humidifyer in 1.3 gal size, for large rooms, easy to clean, no filters to replace. Consumer Reports said that type is the best. I've been using one for several years and just bought a back up, just in case. I bought one last week, online from the Honeywell store, with tax and shipping, $60. That dry air in winter drys out mucus membranes at night while you're sleeping and that can make you sick. Also good to check the humidity with a humidistadt, (relative humidity guage) $5.

Dehumidifier.... Arthritic...heat is off when asleep...has never made me sick.
I like a climate like the southwestern deserts..hot and dry..My arthritis loves it too..it always makes me feel better.

Last edited:
Hey! That’s pretty cool Gary. Your first ride huh? How about a little thumbnail riding impression? :)

Dehumidifier.... Arthritic...heat is off when asleep...has never made me sick.
I like a climate like the southwestern deserts..hot and dry..My arthritis loves it too..it always makes me feel better.
I'm opposite. Also, if you have sheet rock walls and wood furniture, it prevents it from drying out and cracking, a problem in my area.

Hey! That’s pretty cool Gary. Your first ride huh? How about a little thumbnail riding impression? :)

I'd give it an old man could ride a couple of hours on the riding position. :thumbsup: I think the bars can be rotated forwards a bit, for even better . Leg room seems good, knees not over bent.
Chassis seems very stable, have to muscle it over into the corners a bit. Seems stable and confidence inspiring in the corners. Torque monster, pulls from low up to time to shift which will be about 1,000 below the 7'K red line even when in hurry cuz what's the point of redlining it? Power about what you'd expect, seat says it feels like 20-30% more than madness?
shifting a bit stiff, neutral a bit tricky to catch. motor fells relaxed at 70 even 80 would be fine for a long run. Bags big and roomy with form fitted inner bags.
Chuffs right to life has a steady if lumpy idle.You know who made the motor without looking hah-hah. 2000 so Fuel injection, start and walk away no throttle nursing needed. Tires,roads cold uncertain of possible sand but brakes felt good and more than adequate.
Drove the van 1,000 miles round trip to Cleveland last Sunday to get it. Left here at 10:30 AM was back at 5AM the next morning but then didn't do much on Monday LOL.

I'd give it an old man could ride a couple of hours on the riding position. :thumbsup: I think the bars can be rotated forwards a bit, for even better . Leg room seems good, knees not over bent.
Chassis seems very stable, have to muscle it over into the corners a bit. Seems stable and confidence inspiring in the corners. Torque monster, pulls from low up to time to shift which will be about 1,000 below the 7'K red line even when in hurry cuz what's the point of redlining it? Power about what you'd expect, seat says it feels like 20-30% more than madness?
shifting a bit stiff, neutral a bit tricky to catch. motor fells relaxed at 70 even 80 would be fine for a long run. Bags big and roomy with form fitted inner bags.
Chuffs right to life has a steady if lumpy idle.You know who made the motor without looking hah-hah. 2000 so Fuel injection, start and walk away no throttle nursing needed. Tires,roads cold uncertain of possible sand but brakes felt good and more than adequate.
Drove the van 1,000 miles round trip to Cleveland last Sunday to get it. Left here at 10:30 AM was back at 5AM the next morning but then didn't do much on Monday LOL.

Ha! Here I was thinking this was one of the Buells you already had! :laugh2: I thought I just didn’t remember this one.
How fun! It sounds like this will be a great little two lane hot rod for zooming around on. It’s gonna be a long winter knowing that’s waiting for spring. Is this going to be your new long distance mount, to replace your Yamaha barge?

Back