Whats your weather right now?

I'm opposite. Also, if you have sheet rock walls and wood furniture, it prevents it from drying out and cracking, a problem in my area.
That's the most absurd argument..Who doesn't have sheetrock walls and wood furniture..?
I live 450 miles south from you..were in the steamer southeast..there's no problem greater than my aches and pains..walls and furniture be damned...

Saw 42 today, we had rain earlier in the week, washed the salt off the main roads. So got a chance to ride the Thunderbolt for the first time. Only 20 miles, sun was setting. :)

View attachment 154696
That's another beauty, Gary. I'm surprised you got any weather to ride it. It also looks pretty easy to clean. Enjoy it. A crusty old guy with an old, beat up yellow Buell pulls into Ridgewood in front of the movie theater and plays "God Bless America" on a flute whenever its nice out, and his bushy eye brows go up every time a little girl walks by. The cops can't touch him. He's not breaking the law and may be looking to sue someone...

That's the most absurd argument..Who doesn't have sheetrock walls and wood furniture..?
I live 450 miles south from you..were in the steamer southeast..there's no problem greater than my aches and pains..walls and furniture be damned...
Yeah, I forgot where you live, now. My wife's dad had bad arthritis. It crippled him. My brother has psoriatic arthritis that follows psoriasis. And, sometimes, when it gets damp in the spring, I feel it, too. And as for walls, I've seen adobe, plaster & lathe and paneling and I have some composite furniture pieces and plastic, too.

86° is maintained only in my bedroom...Honestly have never seen wooden furniture crack or dry out due to the heat in one's home..But that's just me.
YMMV.. My arthritis is my major health issue right now...

The latest info says we're to get 18.1" of snow by Tues pm.:yikes::yikes:. I have lived in Boulder-Longmont area since 1950 and can remember a storm of 16" in 1979. I lived on a col-de-sac' then and owned a '77 Dodge van, so couldn't go anywhere. The Yamaha shop was closed for the day A friend called and said "let's go get a beer". He had a '76 Honda Accord square back and came out to the house with no problem!. Anyway, I got the snow thrower out, put some pre-mix in and choked it. Pulled once, turned the key and it started! Reminds me of my XS650.:)
Here's a before and after 3 hours....jez, just can't wait for the am. :eek: Got a Jeep now if I want to 'get around':woowoo:

Attachments

• SB1.jpg
    SB1.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 150
  • SB2.jpg
    SB2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 144
The latest info says we're to get 18.1" of snow by Tues pm.:yikes::yikes:. I have lived in Boulder-Longmont area since 1950 and can remember a storm of 16" in 1979. I lived on a col-de-sac' then and owned a '77 Dodge van, so couldn't go anywhere. The Yamaha shop was closed for the day A friend called and said "let's go get a beer". He had a '76 Honda Accord square back and came out to the house with no problem!. Anyway, I got the snow thrower out, put some pre-mix in and choked it. Pulled once, turned the key and it started! Reminds me of my XS650.:)
Here's a before and after 3 hours....jez, just can't wait for the am. :eek: Got a Jeep now if I want to '
I was raised 70 miles from Buffalo. I got three lifetimes of snow in the 18 years I lived there. I haven't visited in many years. Blizzard of 77 was my last. I scoff at your mere 18 inches of light fluffy powdery snow. :laughing:
We worked in two different hospitals and were required to go to work in all weather as "essential personnel". I had a '78 GMC van. I put snows in the back and 25 lb weight plates on the floor over the back axle, which I now realize was not smart if you're in a roll over. It was good in snow up to 8 or 9 inches, so if I had to go out, I would test by trying to get out my driveway without shoveling, so I wouldn't become an obstacle for the plows. If I couldn't get traction, I'd call in, and was either told someone would get us or to stay home. You'ld get payed at manager's discretion. But we did take lots of trips to the Adirondacks in winter. Then, my wife got a Jeep Cherokee. Once we both got to work after flying through and over a plow rift four feet high in a 21 inch snowfall.. In my 20's, I wouldn't hesitate to take my VW to Quebec' City in early January. Not much heat in that cold. The windows froze inside.

Weather guessers are saying it's going to get cold and wet. Might even get some snow in the Catalina's again.

“I’m fixing a hole where the rain comes in
And stops my mind from wandering.....”
A57F63FE-5F0D-4889-B068-9C59411A1F36.jpeg
Well hell......2 inches of rain we got last week , found a way to get into my laundry room. We’re looking at getting another inch for Thanksgiving. So I’ve got a roof to fix. I’d really rather blow money on parts. :(

View attachment 154867
Well hell......2 inches of rain we got last week , found a way to get into my laundry room. We’re looking at getting another inch for Thanksgiving. So I’ve got a roof to fix. I’d really rather blow money on parts. :(
The first thing I did when I moved into my house was start filling my wheelbarrow with dirt and throwing shovels full around the whole foundation, just a few inches high and a foot wide, tamping it down with the shovel, just enough to stop water from running towards the foundation after heavy rains and overflow from gutters. And when I get snow and it bellies towards the foundation, I go around the whole house and take one shovel width away from the house. If that freezes and it rains, it sends water towards the house, too.

Last edited:
Cold by Oregon standars
38 high 28 low. in the ferenhight
It's cold but the sun is busting through. I'll get my bike project in a while. Out Bicycling :cool:
machine your near me, I ride into greasham all the time, snow on the ground here on mt hood yesterday and today, I have a bbq and ride from my place once or twice a year join up next spring for a ride?

View attachment 154867

So, I called out two big roofing companies to give me an estimate on fixing my roof. Got the first estimate yesterday. The guys tells me where he found the leak, I even went up on the roof to look at it with him.
“ So, can you fix it?” I asked him. “ Well it would be a big job, we’d have to remove half of your roof to get it done and then you’re looking at thousands of dollars and you’re gonna have to get your roof replaced soon anyways so you might as well get it done now.”
I said, give me an estimate. Tile roofs are a pain, you have to pull up and stack the tiles to be re used, they always break a bunch of them in the process. He comes back with an estimate......he can do it for only $12,000 :yikes:
I said , let me think about it.
I went in the house and immediately called a local roofer I know that does side jobs. He came to the house today, spent a couple hours up on the roof, all fixed, $175 and he says, any more problems he’ll run right back and take care of it.
So the way I see it, I just saved over $11,000. Does that mean I can buy more motorcycles now? Do you think I could get my wife to buy into that logic? :lmao:

By the new motorcycle first then tell your wife about all the money you saved. Always works for me but keep in mind I`m divorced twice and single at age 72. On a lighter note it did get up to 68 degrees in Shitburg today.:thumbsup:

That’s awesome Bob. Good for you. Make sure he got it fixed then yeah, go get another one.:cheers: BTW the weather here is perfect! 44 in the morning and low 70s during the day.​

Back