Whats your weather right now?

We got two feet of snow!

two feet of snow.jpg

It's irritating since I have been waiting for a coil spring compressor that should have been delivered Friday. Here's what our local USPS says:
  • Feb 8, 2020 6:53pm Held at Post Office, At Customer Request
  • Feb 8, 2020 12:08pm Delivery Exception, Local Weather Delay
  • Feb 8, 2020 7:10am Out for Delivery

We're experiencing Storm Chiara - high winds and very heavy rain. But went for my morning walk today as always, down to the river Tweed. Then, usually walk along the river bank. But today, there is no river bank.

Didn't have a camera with me so no pictures.

I can hardly believe the change in just 24 hours. Have never seen the Tweed so high. The river has come up so far that a bench, for people to sit and admire the view, is underwater. Flooded river rushing through lower part of the woods - definitely not safe to continue along the very steep, overgrown slope with a fast-flowing spate waiting to sweep away anybody foolish enough to fall in . . .

Turned back for first time ever.

15 degrees,,,,, snow fall'n….. one of the beenies of condoville I got people.... sidewalks.... courtyard.... parking lot… done.... heated underground parking.... took advantage yesterday…. my work shop is 10 miles away... didn't want to load bike..haul...off load.....so I just took the 30 minutes downstairs and pull'n the engine out of my Cushman (last two rides last year it huff'd blue)…. I keep tell'n myself.... 90 or less days..and it's time to break out the summer toys ! ! !

definitely not safe to continue along the very steep, overgrown slope with a fast-flowing spate waiting to sweep away anybody foolish enough to fall in . . .

One year we had record rainfall here in the desert and a nearby , normally dry riverbed, was said to be flowing like a raging river. Me and a couple other guys went to go see it and it was impressive. There were full grown trees being swept down the river at a furious pace. We were standing about six feet back from the edge of the water on an elevated area when suddenly all the ground in front of us simply fell into the river and was swept away! The fast moving water had undercut the bank. If we had been standing any closer at all, we all would’ve gone right in! :yikes:

For the first time in about 3 weeks it is sunny here on Canada’s southern coast - THANK GOODNESS! I have been telling people that it’s a good thing the windows in my office don’t open or I would have jumped out.

Anyhow, it is a cold (30 deg. F / -2C but it feels like about 21 deg. F / -6C), crisp, but bright and sunny day and so, while we cannot ride, I’ll take it!

Pete

Last edited:
Last week, reported the River Tweed was higher than I have ever seen it. That was Storm Chiara, now we have Storm Dennis - who dreams up these names? Heavy rain all night, and the river has again reached the same level as last Sunday.

Once again, could not complete my daily walk - had to turn back as the river bank is under water. But this time, had a camera.

This is the path down to the river - a bit damp in places!

PICT2065.JPG

Where the path meets the river bank:

PICT2056.JPG

The bench seat is again underwater - that Loch Ness monster in the near middle of the picture is where the seat has caught a couple of branches. The normal route for my walk is turn left in front of the sign post and walk along the bank - usually, the path is several metres above the water level. Oh, and that flooded river is moving fast.

No route today turning right either:

PICT2064.JPG

Attachments

• PICT2054.JPG
    PICT2054.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 155
Back