Whats your weather right now?

Not to direct this at you specifically, but just using your post to highlight something. Nashville had a lot of damage and the greater Nashville area had several people killed, the tornado kept going on the ground as it went east Putnam County in Tennessee is a few counties east of Nashville proper and sounds like it may have actually got the worst of things with 19 of the 25 people known killed so far in Putnam County around Cookeville, TN.

Indeed, several areas were hit very hard, Putnam Co. and Cookville being the worst it seems.

It should be Spring. By day we have 8 or 9°C. That's high 40s in Fahrenheit. The birds are nesting, the buds are coming out, our pond is full of amorous frogs and heaps of frogspawn.

But it's that time of year in Scotland.

The weather alternates between warm wet fronts and cold dry periods. Temperatures sit just so - during the warm, wet spells, the precipitation falls mainly as rain but that can be hail. And it's likely to be snow above some certain altitude.

And then during the dry periods, the temperature drops by night and might get down to 0°C.

So, although the weather is actually useful and you would love to get out 'n' about and do stuff, the flippin' council still finds it absolutely essential to keep adding more and more caustic salt to the roads.

Rant over. For now.

60567108484__89C20B78-6E65-4557-8532-ADCD87906F74.JPG
55° and overcast, a high of 69° with thunderstorms expected.

Kristy and I went to look at the Harley yesterday evening. It needs a bit of clean up, an exhaust change (too loud), and a switch from forward controls to mid controls, but I payed well below book so I think I'm in pretty good shape.

It should be Spring. By day we have 8 or 9°C. That's high 40s in Fahrenheit. The birds are nesting, the buds are coming out, our pond is full of amorous frogs and heaps of frogspawn. - - - .

Hi Raymondo,
same daytime numbers in Saskatoon except there's minus signs in front of them.
Apart from some hardy sparrows our birds are still in Mexico, our trees are still frozen sticks and our pond is still a skating rink.
My guess is that our frogs are still frozen solid and won't move until the start of the spring run-off.

Party sunny with 100% chance of unnerving seismic activity! Was woken up by my very first earthquake today (5.7, nothing to sneeze at unless you are from California perhaps). Nothing like adding a little acute extra existential terror to an already chronically stressful pandemic! Has been a weird day since then, with many aftershocks and a fair number of long talks with my girlfriend and friends about what a bizarre time we are living through. Planting the garden yesterday with some friends respectfully 6' apart, discussing our self imposed "shelter in", seems like a simpler time already.
Stay safe everyone, and fer the love uh god warsh yer damn hands!

Party sunny with 100% chance of unnerving seismic activity! Was woken up by my very first earthquake today (5.7, nothing to sneeze at unless you are from California perhaps). Nothing like adding a little acute extra existential terror to an already chronically stressful pandemic! Has been a weird day since then, with many aftershocks and a fair number of long talks with my girlfriend and friends about what a bizarre time we are living through. Planting the garden yesterday with some friends respectfully 6' apart, discussing our self imposed "shelter in", seems like a simpler time already.
Stay safe everyone, and fer the love uh god warsh yer damn hands!

I was reading about your earthquake this morning , and my first thought was Salt Lake City? What’s next....locust?
You are right, bizarre times indeed. :eek:
Btw..raining hard here right now. We’ve had 4” in one week, nearly half our yearly average! Here in the desert.

35 degrees now, been snowing for 20 min....look out:yikes: Spring is here! Only expecting 5", but Spring is here!

Attachments

• snow4.jpg
    snow4.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 105
I was reading about your earthquake this morning , and my first thought was Salt Lake City? What’s next....locust?
You are right, bizarre times indeed. :eek:
Btw..raining hard here right now. We’ve had 4” in one week, nearly half our yearly average! Here in the desert.

Wow, that's a lot of rainfall! I was camping in Canyon Lands last Tuesday-Thursday, and as we were leaving they were announcing big storms blowing through. Happy not to be in a tent for that, although I'm not sure being in a city is much better at this point! As for the earthquake once the 2nd big aftershock hit around 3pm my girlfriend poured herself a big glass of wine and said F it.:laugh2: Honestly I don't blame her.
Had a friend in Phoenix last week and they said people are out to restaurants and such. Hope you guys don't get hit super hard in the coming weeks because of lack of social distancing...SLC is pretty much shut down at this point, which is oddly comforting.

71° and cloudy, high of 76° with clouds expected.

I got my allergies retested the other day. The odd position (laying on my stomach) seemed to tick my neck off, and I ended up with a big ole headache that hung around for two days. Still, that's only the second tension headache I've had since surgery, so no complaints!

Kristy is working from home. In fact, her boss (the CEO of the company) has announced that you now need special permission to come into the office.

We're getting our groceries through Kroger's shopping service. I've gone into the store to pick up a couple things I forgot to put on the list, but I stay away from people as best as is possible.

We've put renovation plans on hold, and, in case Kristy has to go on a reduced work schedule, we're cutting out all unnecessary spending.

I had ordered several parts for the new bike, so I hope to work on that in the near future (if it ever stops raining for more than a few hours).

This is going to suck, but we'll get through it.

Texas Governor just announced a close to all dinning-in places, state wide. You can take out but not go in and sit down. Woof! I got out of the Hospital one week ago today; bladder surgery. Doc was connected! They pulled Hubble out of orbit and stuck it up into my bladder...Winky still ain't happy! Rain every day since I broke out of that hospital ward! Sun did come out a few minutes yesterday. Two buzzards flew over the barn and their shadows got stuck in the mud!

Back