Where can I buy a replacement headlight for an XS2 in the UK?

Older OEM headlight bulbs are pretty rare. A compromise, cost effective, budget solution is to use an automotive sealed beam.

Do a forum search on "H6024".

Forgot to say, you need a good quality bulb in this unit to ensure you meet the new MOT specification for kickup. Cheap H4 bulbs do not always give a good sharp kickup. I have a General Electric H4 that I use for the MOT.

Forgot to say, you need a good quality bulb in this unit to ensure you meet the new MOT specification for kickup. Cheap H4 bulbs do not always give a good sharp kickup. I have a General Electric H4 that I use for the MOT.

Hi Paul,
I'd forgotten about the MOT Nazis (not the main reason I emigrated but certainly on the list) but ain't eightO's bike grandfathered?
And what about the acetylene lights on my Flying Pharnesbarnes? They ain't got no kickup at all.

Thanks all,

Its annoying because the low beam works but the high beam element has broken, that being said its a US import so they may have failed it anyway. That Yambits one may work and its certainly cheaper than paying shipping from Heiden, I have emailed them Yambits to see if I need the W clips.

Fred, vehicles prior to 1 January 1960 are MOT exempt and paying road tax exempt, but must still be registered. I think the road tax exemption date is now for vehicles manufactured prior to 1977. In all cases the vehicle must still be kept road worthy if used on public roads.

Recently the MOT situation changed regarding lights and I could not work it out completely. As far as the kickup goes the situation is very strick now and there are Youtube videos that show what is required. But as far as those new style headlights without kickup I am not to sure. It seems they are acceptabe in the UK only if they carry an E mark for EU approval. But this was where I got lost because there are UK suppliers selling non-E marked lenses. Compliant headlights are only required for night riding, if they are not compliant then you can get a daytime only MOT. I do not know where acetylene lamps come into all this but an interesting question. I love the smell of calcium carbide.

Regarding the Yambits headlight, there is a questions as to whether or not they can be fitted to an XS2 without those W shaped spring clips.

Road tax is needed for any vehicles registered after January 1973, it used to roll but it's fixed at that date now.
Yambits states their headlight is E marked but doesn't need the clips, Heiden Doesn't state its E marked but does say it needs the clips. I have emailed both and will report back, if Heiden reply, they only replied to an email this morning I sent a week ago.

Back