Where did you mount your Reg/Rect?

MiniDanzig

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
tried to use the search to find some photos but no dice. So where are you guys mounting your regulator/rectifiers? i know they need airflow, but is rain/water a concern? i'm wanting to hide mine as much as possible, but obviously i want it to be out of harms way. any pics of where you guys stashed yours would be awesome. thanks!

stock location on my hard tail rain/water is no problem.Alot of bikes have them hanging lowere than the frame

My Chrysler reg is on a plate where the TCI used to be. The Radio Shack Rectifier is where the Factory REC/REG was mounted.

I put mine where the horn used to be.

chopwire02.jpg

stock location on my hard tail rain/water is no problem.Alot of bikes have them hanging lowere than the frame

thanks thats what i was thinking. i don't want it to get ripped off but i'm thinking of putting it somewhere low on on the frame out of sight. finally got my frame done too.

full

is it ok to mount it directly to metal? I don't recall the stock mounts, but after my frame came back hardtailed, there was a bracket welded to backbone of frame downtube with the exact spacing for those '80 reg/rec fasteners. I have it mounted there.

Wondering, since I might have green wire grounding issue causing over-charging (not sure where else to look)....but after reading this I'm guessing that mounting the unit itself directly to metal couldn't be the cause. or?

thx

Back