Which Mikuni carbs should i use?

TruckerZombie99

77xs650D
Reaction score
Im getting the big bore kit for my 1977D. Im replacing the BS38CV carbs for the Mikuni VM's cause there way cheaper than the Dellorto PHF36 carbs Mikes' selling. Im wondering what you all think the best chioce is- 34, 36, or 38mm carbs for that set up? Do I get the 36mm's because its the same as the Dellorto's? Thanks -Jason

Talk to mike over at 650central he will steer you the right way, and while your there order a set of carbs from him.

Im getting the big bore kit for my 1977D. Im replacing the BS38CV carbs for the Mikuni VM's cause there way cheaper than the Dellorto PHF36 carbs Mikes' selling. Im wondering what you all think the best chioce is- 34, 36, or 38mm carbs for that set up? Do I get the 36mm's because its the same as the Dellorto's? Thanks -Jason

get a set of 34mm and have them taper bored to 35.5. . I dont know this Mike dude, or what he sells , but there is a little shop outside Parma Oh. that will build to your specs any Mikuni you want; and if you dont know what you what, tell them what you are doing, they know how to build what you need, in house. no bullshit, just good service; and again, they know Mikuni carbs. Carb Parts Warehouse
216-635-1099

>maxx40x

Michael Morse. He own's 650 Central .com,. Go to that site, read a little about one of THE race mechanic's for these machine's back in the day.

Consider 36mm Flatslides too. They will give you a couple extra HP on top, but are a bit more of a PITA to work on. 38mm gives the same performamce as 36mm due to intake size limitations.

Back