Who do we like for clutch kits?

On filters, have you looked at Wally World? They carry some motorcycle filters.
Leo

You should have bought a 650 and turned it into a dual sport. May have been cheaper.:rolleyes:

Hah! Been down THAT rabbit hole already. While I hesitate to accuse a fine gentleman like yourself of facetiousness, I will mention that your short term memory regarding the amount of money an XS can suck out of your wallet may be somewhat impaired.:yikes::laugh: Just ask Jim or our Friendly Postal Representative. Or pretty much anybody that has "fixed up" a six-fiddy. Or any other old bike...

On filters, have you looked at Wally World? They carry some motorcycle filters.
Leo

I did actually. They show it online, but didn't have any on the shelf. Not enough of a savings over NAPA to deal with the ship-to-store option.

regarding the amount of money an XS can suck out of your wallet may be somewhat impaired.:yikes::laugh: Just ask Jim or our Friendly Postal Representative.

What? Who me? I’m spending my kids inheritance. When I’m gone my two boys can each have a shiny old bike.
They’ll be thrilled.........NOT.....( neither one of them know which end of a wrench to hold ) they’re into electronics.

OK, I feel MUCH better now!

New steels and fibers, new pressure disk, new springs. We're in Wheelie City now!

In addition to the thoroughly trashed clutch pack, I noticed the new springs were a full quarter inch longer than the old ones. I had to adjust the clutch cable all the way out to get the clutch to fully disengage!

Just called my insurance guy, got coverage put on it, after a nap I'll go down to the town office and get tags for it. Then all I have to do is bullshit my way past an inspection. At some point, the stock headlight got replaced with a housing, shell and light off a DR350 and is a single-beam unit. Hopefully, my inspection guy will cut me a break on that.

Hah! Been down THAT rabbit hole already. While I hesitate to accuse a fine gentleman like yourself of facetiousness, I will mention that your short term memory regarding the amount of money an XS can suck out of your wallet may be somewhat impaired.:yikes::laugh: Just ask Jim or our Friendly Postal Representative. Or pretty much anybody that has "fixed up" a six-fiddy. Or any other old bike...
I just quit counting at 35 receipts. Not bucks.... receipts. :yikes: When it's done I'll sit back... have a couple pulls on a nice fat doobie,... and decide whether to add 'em up or sh$t can 'em.;)

IMG_20190430_141308.jpg

Yeah I did that a few weekends ago.....It is not a good number in the end. These are pretty much the 4 stages:
1. Holy smokes....how much?!?!o_Oo_O
2. Ohh man I can't say anything in front of the wife :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
3. Man did I really spend that much on it....geez could of been a real nice newer bike. :(:(
4. Oh well I'm in it now, may as well keep going :shrug::shrug: lol.

These are the exact feelings I had a few weekends ago. Beer usually help with these symptoms :whistle::whistle::cheers:

Yeah I did that a few weekends ago.....It is not a good number in the end.

3. Man did I really spend that much on it....geez could of been a real nice newer bike. :(:(

When I went up to pick up the last of the clutch parts this morning, I finally let curiosity get the better of me and asked about that nice new Yamaha WR250R they have on the floor....

$6699, "But we can work with ya on that". Ummmmmm....yeah....I don't think you can do about $3000 worth of work tho, Scooter!

I just quit counting at 35 receipts. Not bucks.... receipts. :yikes: When it's done I'll sit back... have a couple pulls on a nice fat doobie,... and decide whether to add 'em up or sh$t can 'em.;)

View attachment 140135

It’s funny, I was just having this debate in my head yesterday. Before I started my XS2 I was down to the dealership test riding a new Triumph Street Twin, I had the hots for that bike big time. My wife suggested buying another project bike for two reasons,
1. She thought it would be a good hobby for me , and it sure did keep me busy for a long time.
2. She thought it would be more economical, in her mind , an old bike would be cheaper than a new one.
Little did she know. :lmao::laugh2::laughing::laughing:
Now I’m at that point where I’m asking myself, do I even want to know how much I just spent? I’m pretty sure there is a new Triumph somewhere in those receipts.

Back