Who got in a new Years Day ride?

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Got up into the 20s today and the roads are clear so put on some electric gear, went out in the shed, and kicked the 79 a few times, thanks to Pete it fired up on the third kick and after about a 10 minute warm up I put about 20 miles on it.

newyears ride.JPG

The gear helps but even with warm gloves, at 60 mph and no heated grips the fingers were numb by the time I got back. My hands get cold easy. But hey put some miles on this year! Had the Connie out too, fairing helped,

newyear ride.JPG

The beemer battery is toast so have to replace it. Heated seat and grips would have let me put 50 or 100 on that one.

Here's to all getting more miles on in 2015!

newyears ride.JPG

newyear ride.JPG

gggGary,

Well, now I'm feeling bad because I thought about taking a token ride around the block for New Years. It was 50F outside and the sun was shinning, so it wouldn't have been that painful. I used to ride in 40F weather but I added 1 degree F every year for the past 18 years and now I'm up to 58F. Maybe tomorrow. Congratulations.

Sheesh 20's in the day. How do you people survive? That's a serious frost night for us in the golden state. It's supposed to bottom out at 30 tonight! Ride on

I got a ride in, a brother got sick on our ( portsmouth motorcycle club ) new year ride,(my bikes are down for repainting ) I went and got his bike and rode it back about 27*f
and I was not dressed for it!!! it was cold.anyway I got a 20 mile ride in.

Well the weather was good yesterday and I didn't go for a ride.
I did how ever watch Michigan State pull a 4th quarter 21 point come back to win 42-41. in early after noon

I also played in a new years day texas holdem poker tourny I made the final table finished 5th How about that for a new years day ride. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
i'm waiting for warmer weather too. Next Tues-Wed looks promising.

Sheesh 20's in the day. How do you people survive? That's a serious frost night for us in the golden state. It's supposed to bottom out at 30 tonight! Ride on

You misunderstand, it WARMED UP to the 20's that's why I rode, it was a WARM day.
We actually had warm weather leading up to Christmas but work kept me off the bike, dang it all anyways. Single digit highs next week.

My bud rode from LA out to Baroga Springs, yesterday he was whining about 32F at 6AM when he awoke, poor guy.... Then the A-hole posted later sitting by by the Pacific with temps in the 60's

Like the custom bungies around the pants gggGary. ...I got some leather overpants for Christmas and gonna try them out tomorrow. ..34'S the low 51's the high.

I think I will wait till April. Forecasting a high of 0 deg tomorrow. They say it will warm to neg 4 deg by 9am.

Back