Who Rode Today?

First real ride on my newest XS. $300 bike that was totally original, down to the tires and spark plugs. 2000 miles on it. Cleaned the carbs, changed the oil, lubed the cables and it's a one kick bike that feels like I imagine it did when it rolled out of the dealership 30+ years ago. I was fully expecting it to amount to little more than a parts bike, but am absolutely amazed at how solid and good running it is after just a little work.

Something to be said for having a stock bike as it's perfect for riding to the gym at 4:30AM when I don't want to wake up the neighbors... My other bikes by comparison may as well be air raid sirens.

p.s. it's already 55 here!

First real ride on my newest XS. $300 bike that was totally original, down to the tires and spark plugs. 2000 miles on it. Cleaned the carbs, changed the oil, lubed the cables and it's a one kick bike that feels like I imagine it did when it rolled out of the dealership 30+ years ago. I was fully expecting it to amount to little more than a parts bike, but am absolutely amazed at how solid and good running it is after just a little work.

Something to be said for having a stock bike as it's perfect for riding to the gym at 4:30AM when I don't want to wake up the neighbors... My other bikes by comparison may as well be air raid sirens.

p.s. it's already 55 here!

Just hit 54 here. High of 57 today and tomorrow. Since my truck took a dump I have been riding everyday. I'm lovin' my stock bike. Looking to get nice hard case bags for it soon. My old hardatil was a ground shaker. And leaving at 5am would note go well with the neighbors on that thing.

I will be doing some serious riding now, as my truck broke a rod......3 hours from home.
Merry freaking Christmas to me.
Hey , remember who works at a Ford store. Let me know if I can help. I also know some guys at quality yards too. Too bad I dont have a truck or extra vehicle. Call me if you need.....Kev.

I went out for a 20 mile ride today. It was 50 degrees today. I still can't believe that we have no snow and I'm riding in January. I should be pulling the engine and fixing my oil leaks but I would rather be riding. After all it's 32 years old it needs to leave it mark.

I went out for a 20 mile ride today. It was 50 degrees today. I still can't believe that we have no snow and I'm riding in January. I should be pulling the engine and fixing my oil leaks but I would rather be riding. After all it's 32 years old it needs to leave it mark.

Man, I hear that. I rode my recently acquired T140 for a bit today. There was no wind to speak of, and while it ticked over as I got ready to ride, the gray smoke was thick and hanging all around like a graveyard scene in a cheesy horror movie. I really need to pull the motor, but it's too damn nice to put that one away just yet.

I would have, and started to, and then discovered a possibly cracked fuel filter. I'll have to investigate and replace tomorrow, but no ride today as it will be too late. :(

TC

Great idea!!!
The rains stopped for a minute here on Vancouver Island,.. I'm going for a rip!!!!
I haven't been out since last weekend :bike:

thanks guys

Rode to pick up some grease for triple tree bearings on the XS11. Finished them, a front tire replacement and went for a 75mi ride on the XS650. Was a great day, Sunny sky's, 75º with a light wind.:bike:

Rode to Luckenbach, Texas today with Waylon and Willie and the boys. Luckenbach is not what I expected. But better, I would say.

58 mile loop in 58 degrees late yesterday afternoon after cutting and stacking some firewood and gathering and hauling rock off the ridge for a siding project......I deserved it.

Did ~60 miles today, low '60's and cloudless sky. Glad I did, now it's starting to rain and will stay crappy until Thursday.

Took my quarter-liter Ninja out yesterday for a bit, but a fuel leak canned the TX's turn. Finally got her out today to test the replacement for the fuel filter that was leaking. About 47 and sunny... not too bad for a quick strafe around the local area in a lined leather jacket.

Ol' Trigger takin in the scenery at the Gulf of Mexico, and morning at the beach camp.

Attachments

• Dsci1027a.jpg
    Dsci1027a.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 475
  • DSCI1034.jpg
    DSCI1034.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 154
I got in a little riding this week. Homework for starting a new business is driving me crazy.

Spent today working on a Sportster and rebuilt an S&S Super carb. Simple things, those S&Ss-- anyone ever run one on an XS?

Back