Who Uses the "Gremlin Bell"?

I had one that was, of course, gifted to me. 'Twas made out of pewter. It wore through the keyring and is now a sacrifice to the road somewhere.....hoping that's the next level of protection.....

My mom gave me a bell the other day. She doesn't know anything about gremlin bells or motorcycles but I put it on my bike anyway. I quickly realized how it works: the dinging becomes a rattle as you get faster so you ride slower. Riding slower means less wear and tear on your motorcycle so things don't break as often.

Got 1 !!!

"never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

...not much worry as the electric still has me baffled....

Last edited:
i have one on my vz800. it has to be gifted to you. or it wont work.
the way it works is the ringing drives the gremlins crazy and they grab on to it to stop the ringin, but they cant hold on forever, and eventually, they fall off. You have to mount your bell either the lowest, or furthest back so when they fall off, they wont grab back on to your bike.

Bike came with one, my 8 y.o. daughter asked what it was so I told her. She waited until the bike was about ready for it's first ride and she grabbed my wife and they left with a plan. I couldn't believe it, they hit 6 bike shops that night and found 1 to put on before my first ride. I took the old 1 off and pinned it on the wall, all the guys at work have them as well. All gifted by loved ones.

i have one on my vz800. it has to be gifted to you. or it wont work.
the way it works is the ringing drives the gremlins crazy and they grab on to it to stop the ringin, but they cant hold on forever, and eventually, they fall off. You have to mount your bell either the lowest, or furthest back so when they fall off, they wont grab back on to your bike.

Mine is at the rear.

Does anuone of us actually buy these ot like mine they're a gift. But it seems here in upstate NY that sound is like buck lure or something LOL

Back