Who's going to barber?

Sonnylynnvick75

XS650 Young Gun
Reaction score
Barbers vintage festival is the weekend down in birmingham alabama. Who plans on making it down there? I'll be going down Saturday morning and coming home Saturday night.(2 hour ride) I'll post pics when I'm back.

So how was it?

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures because I was in too much amazement I'll list the things

The museum is a 5 story museum hosting 750 motorcycles, The back of the museum faces the track, and to make it better, the back wall is just one huge glass window!
We went through the museum and watched vintage racing out the back window all day.

They had xs650s racing but I was most impressed by a guy on an AMF Harley 250 2 stroke who was flat out getting it!

Apparently you were supposed to buy a wristband to get through to the rest of the event ($25) plus the museum ticket if you want ($15). Well I bought my museum ticket and went through, hopped on the tram and went through the front gate like it was my daily drive.

We stopped at the swap meet which was rows A-H of every part you could possibly imagine. I picked up some parts for my 1965 Honda Benly touring 150 (2 stubes, brake cable, engine cover, $24)

Then we hopped on the tram to ride back to the front of the museum (it was about 5 and we had a 3 hour ride back) We were able to take the tour around the edge of the track and It was sheer amazement.

It was an awesome time and is definitely a must go if you love vintage bikes.

I was planning to go but just having had a baby I couldn't make it all work. That makes three years I've missed it, bout drives me crazy. I'm also only two hours away. I've been thru the museum several times but have never been to the vintage festival. I WILL be there next year...

I was planning to go but just having had a baby I couldn't make it all work. That makes three years I've missed it, bout drives me crazy. I'm also only two hours away. I've been thru the museum several times but have never been to the vintage festival. I WILL be there next year...

It was awesome thats for sure. Where exactly is Geiger?

Back