who's had their bike stolen?

cobrasneverdie

el guapo
Reaction score
I went outside to get a permit for my bike and she was gone... I've poured so many hours and love into this thing and someone stole it...

utAmfJS.jpg

the only girl that mattered

Hmm recent break up with girl, feeling jilted because you preferred to lavish time and money on the bike now....................

jus sayin.

Hi Cobra,
getting your bike stolen has to suck bigtime.
Especially as money is only money but all the time and effort you put into the build is something you'll never get back again.
Yet another reason that I run sidecar outfits.
The average bike thief will crash the thing (hopefully getting painfully injured) the first corner he comes to if he tries to ride it away and a rig is too big and awkward to put in a truck.

Sorry to hear about the bike. That blows.

This is the exact reason I have been looking into a very small gps tracker to hide on my bike. Theres alot of options on ebay in this category and was wondering if anyone has done this... whats good? Whats crap? Etc...

Thanks

Posted via Mobile

sucks man.... sorry.

Ive gotten close, bike broke down, parked it on a side street, walked back to my house to grab my truck and ramp. When I finally go back to my bike it was dark. About 10pm. Get to my bike and there is another truck backed up to it with 4 high school kids getting out. They see me, jump into their truck and bolt. Close one....

Sorry to hear.

Had 2 bikes stolen over the years.

My 500/4, parked it on the roadside outside my house and forgot i had left it there till the next morning and sure enough it's gone. Cops found it in a ditch the next day. Don't know why here was no damage except the bars were bent.

My XS650 was stolen from outside my workplace, when i finished late at night, around 12.30am, it was gone. Spent a couple of hours driving around and no go. A mate told me he had seen a bike like mine on the side of the road around some back street, so i went and had a look but no go, I asked at a house and they said a bike was left out side their place with a helmet and jacket and a guy came back and couldn't get the bike to go and took the gear, They thought it a bit sus, so they hauled the bike into their driveway. I got it back, again no damage.

Keep a look out on eBay, Craigslist, even here. Used to be a guy on here that had a stolen bikes message board on his blog, i'll try to find it, can't remember his handle, but there are a few of those types of outlets if you look around. Every thing helps

I am really sorry to hear that, Cobra. I'd be pissed beyond belief. That is my worst nightmare. That person or persons should die a slow death. Forget electric shock, just put the battery cable clamps on his balls.

There is nothing funny about this guys. Me, I'm with Gary, I would question my X! it's too coincidental.

In 1971, I was 2 minutes away from having my bike stolen, (65, 305 Honda Scrambler). While getting stoned in my friends apartment in Newark, NJ, (i checked my bike out the window every 5 minutes.) Anyway, when leaving, started my bike, girl on back, just about to pull out of the parking space, when a pickup truck with 4 big black guys in the back, pulled up next to me. I looked at them, they looked at me for a few seconds, then they pulled away. I was lucky. I never took my bike there again.

That's it, i'm getting a chain. My brother had an idea for an electrified alarm using the coil. When set, if touched, the would be thief would get a 10,000 volt shock. With today's technology, Pamco Pete could build one the size of a credit card.

Sorry, again, Cobra. I feel for ya! Hope you get it back. :wtf:

2 Shovelhead H-D's. A then new '84 FXSB and a '79 Superglide. My Mom lent my '84 to my Uncle (without telling/asking me. I was out of the US at the time) and it was stolen out of his driveway. The '79 was stolen broad daylight while I was out of the house. Yeah. it sucks.

so no word on the bike, thanks guys for the sympathy. The worst part about this story is that insurance is not going to cover me at all. The bike was under a temporary permit. It was expired on a wednesday and it was stolen on a friday/sat morning. They also took my bike cover that was placed on my back porch far away from where I park my bike. I plan on buying another bike but I'll have to wait until the tax return comes in :)
This time I'll have to find a gps tracker. I honestly do not know what they'll do to this bike. It was a nightmare, bolts came off, engine started making funny noises. It's more of a nightmare than pleasure

Back