Wide tire kit

I have seen some nice ones on ebay but not lately. I use to make up my own and you can do it fairly easy with a universal kit. You can go up to a 200 tire with not too much of a hassle but anything past that you need a jackshaft. They work well but very noisey when going down the highway. There were some frames i think its MR LUCKY frames but i am sure if you contact Voodo or some other frame guy they can make one up but its not cheap. I like the 200 tire ones ride nice and you can by a offset kit for around $600.00 and they ride nice. This XS650 i built has a 160 on back with 5.5 wheel and was done with a universal kit and the Kaw in picture has a 180 also universal kit.
Good luck on your build

Attachments

• $(KGrHqYOKnME4N+Kr!EHBOGJkEkS-g~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqYOKnME4N+Kr!EHBOGJkEkS-g~~_3.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 636
  • xs650 w springer.jpg
    xs650 w springer.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • 650KZ.jpg
    650KZ.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 761
Search button Not broken just a beginner who has looked and not really sure if I have found the right options. Maybe next time you might want to be helpful or don't waste finger time on your kepboard!

Last edited:
Nice bikes you built. I should be more clear I am not turning this into a hard tale, just sold a full custom Harley chopper and moving to the 650. I assume it is much more difficult to find a kit that will accomodate a 180 or 200 tire while keeping it as a soft tail.

Just curious: Why would you want to add that much unsprung weight and heavier rotational mass to a relatively low powered, light (compared to an H-D)weight bike?

I do not understand "tire envy"

OK done that too. You can go with a GSXR swingarm or this is a GPZ with stock 16" xs wheel but i had plenty of room to go bigger or just use a bigger swingarm. I have a Hayabusa arm here with 200 tire that is going on something soon. The Kz in picture above was GSXR wheel front and back.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 521
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 631
itrguy
Thanks i am retired and sold off all my good stuff and just play in my garage now. NO CUSTOMERS just friends. People call me or email me all the time and i tell them to call Jon (monstercraftsman) or Hugh (hughshandbuilt). I did my build time now just build crazy shit for me. Some of my friends stuff in garage and i been teaching some young guys chopper building. You young guys got to keep it going. Just don't be stupit like me were a mask while painting and welding or it bites you in the ass later in life.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 312
DaddyG those are really cool! My goal is to build a chopper someday, before I get too old to ride one! I'm in NJ too, whereabouts are you?

Back