wife wants to ride

Jae79

XS650 Member
Reaction score
i have a 79 xs650, and i read a lil bit about you guys already trying to mount brackets for the rear fender, is there any springs i can mount that wont kill the look of my bike, so it wont be such a ruff ride for her

Wife is rail thin? or a hogger? This is not directed just for you but; it's not that she wants to ride it's that she doesn't want you out cruising alone on a chic magnet bike......
full

Best solution when you ride a 650 is her own bike........ Straight up? adding a bitch seat will ruin the looks. Very nice machine by the way!

Do you ride a hardtail or ???
The XS650 came with passenger pegs and a seat fit for two riders.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish....a seat for a passenger? Or soften up the ride for her to ride solo?

i am wanting to add a gator p pad and a gator seat for me aswell, i need sum sort of brace to support the fender, so it wont rub my tires, i said some sort of shocks, but if it will ruin my look, i dont wanna do it, i wanted to know if any of yall new of somthin i can support it with, maybe it wont be such a ruff ride, also how do i get my pic of my bike to show under my profile name, so folks will see what i am talkin about,

i'm with gggGary, if she really wants to ride find her her own personal 650

Thats what i did, the girlfriend is a proud owner of a 81 special now, and i'm the proud mechanic.

there was no way in hell i was gonna ride with the old lady on the back of my 650, these bikes just aint big enough for that shit.

ya man, it would be nice to have another in the near future, but in till then, i mite have to fab sum brackets. thinkin of going with spider web brace's to tie into my hollow tail light tubes, hopefully it will support the fender enuff, for the gator p pad, she isnt but a buck o 5 anyway + dont think it will look too bad, i got a guy who will do a day of the dead, drawing on my tank, and it should tie it all togther in a nice theme, thanks for the help. she'll just have to get used to a ruff ride for a while..:yikes:

You are going to have to really beef up those fender struts if you are going to put a person on that fender. Depending on the material and thickness of the fender, you may also want to brace the fender itself, because fenders alone were never meant to bear a persons weight.
edit: you should tell her that time on the bike is your "alone time", and is it very important to your " feelings" that you get time to yourself. Reason to her in her own language.:laugh:

you should tell her that time on the bike is your "alone time", and is it very important to your " feelings" that you get time to yourself. Reason to her in her own language.:laugh:
BWAHAHAHA :laughing::laughing::laughing: women always gets the last word in a argument, anything you say after that is the start of a new argument

Wife rode her Shadow 750 to Slimey crud yesterday I had the 83 Special. We met there and rode home together, in a "stately" manor. I love that woman!

I don't know how you are going to get a seat on there, but if your wife wants to ride with you, I would figure a way to do it. I love riding with my wife on the back, and almost never ride without her.

Maybe get another bike for riding double. I'm slowly getting a rigid frame bike built, and I will use a sissy bar and pillion pad-I don't imagine we'll be doing many 300 mile days on it, though.

John

ya i will get the pillion pad, cuz the gator p-pad i found is only an inch thick, looks way better, but a couple of times on it, i will have to just buy the pillion, theyre ugly but i found it with the suction cups,does anyone know how well those things hold up... a sissy bar mite have to come in to play also, i want her to ride with me,
and those arent struts really they are just hollow tubes were my led blinkers come out, i am in the works of tryin too fab up a spider web design seein how its gonna go, not too much of a fan of the web design, but its already on the neck of the frame, and i dont want just straight braces back there, next to my blinker "brackets", will see how it turns out, man i appreciate all of the help, i never done a blog site, and this is cool, gettin new ideas, so thanks fellas, ill post picks has i go,,

Back