Winters over and the beast needs to be freed

candy man

XS650 Member
Reaction score
stafford%20009_zpsjusl8woy.jpg

We have a saying over here in the Uk Buses no dont see one for hours then two turn up at once, thats what happened here with the xs I didnt even want one but the economy took a dive and projects seemed to come out off the sheds all over the country on to the Bay of evil. Here in UK even a shitter of an XS 650 still goes for around $ 3000 to $4000 so they arnt cheap to start hacking up.

PICT0154_zpsoof1n0im.jpg

And the little guy below came along and just screamed turn me into a board tracker just the build pot got a whole lot smaller I have no kids but some bloody good engineers numbers Im afraid I have the ideas and these guys have the tools to make them real ( Hell OCC made a killing doing this:):) ) the chap who does all my turning has the cheapest lathe in the place at £350 K and its that sensitive you cannot knurl on it as the thing feels the pressure is to great and stops as the tolerance setting means it would be off centre. the engine of the second bike is an old Royal Enfield and more biulders are looking at the as old looking new engine to work with as like harleys are over there cheap as chips to work with and India are turning out loads of shoddy but cheap custom parts for them

Back