For Sale - Wire wheel twin disc xs650 for sale in london

slimlavud

Old formerly bold rider
Reaction score
Wire wheel twin disc xs650 for sale in London FULL MOT

Hello

NOW WITH FULL YEAR MOT AND SIX MONTH'S TAX.

I have an XS650 for sale. 19,600 miles (no history but looks about right)
Has a full year MOT from 28 September 2013, with no advisories.
Has very good near new chrome downpipes and new silencers (Brituro long megaphones, nice sound, not noisy)
It is a 447, but registered in 1981 (W plate), electric starter been removed but starts second kick from cold.
Twin discs at front on spoked wheels with good original alloy rims.
Swing arm has good bushes in it (no play and well greased).
Has higher than UK spec bars fitted which are good around town, might be a bit high for long fast rides.
Does not seem to have been dropped, at least not since new pipes and silencers fitted by owner before last.
Engine only has small leak from clutch pushrod shaft (standard XS650 problem, easily fixed and only leaks when left on sidestand for a while) Top end etc, completely dry.
Just serviced it, NEW full size battery with the correct rubber boot it sits in, and the correct strap and plastic top cover, new plugs, oil, tappets and cam chain adjusted, front brake calipers overhauled (near new pads), master cylinder replaced with good Kawasaki one (gives better braking), Goodridge hoses fitted, rear brake stripped and cleaned (good shoes), carbs stripped and cleaned, new petrol tap kits installed, very good Continental tyres, good forks, no leaks/rust, good dampers (aftermarket black unknown ones but they work), previous owner a friend with good taste but the owner before him was a nob who:
Fitted a chromed alloy rear light bracket with Lucas copy light that works OK.
Painted the whole bike in satin black, including the wheels (tank is poor paint but no rust inside after I electrolytically cleaned it for two weeks!).
Ground off the seat hinge and lock keeper fittings (I have these cut off another bike so can be welded on easily)
Fitted a lowline Yamaha logo'd seat with fibreglass base that is lower and not as thick, this is strapped on at present but I have an original seat with a freshly blasted good-ish base and good foam and good original cover and fittings.
Removed and lost the air filter boxes, I have no filters on there right now but you could fit K&N-type cone filters easily and cheaply, or RamAir foam ones for about £25.00.
Bike runs well, I have been commuting on it and everything works, all lights, indicators, horn etc.
Not a super smart bike as it is but the frame paint is very good, the chrome on the front and rear guards looks good under the satin black paint, and the alloy rims and hubs etc, will clean up nicely: they are not corroded as far as I can see. In fact, half an hour with the pressure washer and all the satin black paint will probably fly off! Side panels are not dented or rusty, one small dent in tank where the YAMAHA transfers/stickers would have gone - easily filled before painting.
Has a full year MOT from 28 September 2013, with no advisories.
V5 has not come back from DVLA in over a year of waiting but I have the green slip with my name on it and the previous owner sent off the V5 (I have seen it) and he is known to me so just DVLA being inefficient.
I have attached some pics here but will post more if you are interested.
I am in London.
£1495 or possible part exchange with interesting smaller or larger bike, minimum £950 cash to come my way.

Attachments

• SDS PHONE JUNE 2013 USA 062.jpg
    SDS PHONE JUNE 2013 USA 062.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 121
  • SDS PHONE JUNE 2013 USA 063.jpg
    SDS PHONE JUNE 2013 USA 063.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 115
  • SDS PHONE JUNE 2013 USA 050.jpg
    SDS PHONE JUNE 2013 USA 050.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 106
  • SDS PHONE JUNE 2013 USA 051.jpg
    SDS PHONE JUNE 2013 USA 051.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 106
  • SDS PHONE PICS SEPT 2013 183.jpg
    SDS PHONE PICS SEPT 2013 183.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 108
  • SDS PHONE PICS SEPT 2013 182.jpg
    SDS PHONE PICS SEPT 2013 182.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Hi Slimlavud,

Interested in your bike, and I have a Kawasaki ZR750 Zephyr that I was looking to put on ebay in the next few weeks. Is this something you would consider doing a trade on?

Let me know either way.

Mike

Back