Wires and more wires

Chachiboy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Over the past couple of weeks I have been in the process of totally rewiring the hack job that the PO had in place. Basically cleaning it up.

I have read over wiring diagrams but have am stumped.

Here is a pic of the connector out of the indicator display. Need help identifying some of these.

Blue - Neutral
Black - Ground
Dark brown - L signal I think
Light brown?
Dark green - R signal I think
Light green?

Also, while rewiring I see a light brown wire that circulates and attaches to many components. What is this wire? Is it just constant power?

Attachments

• IMG_20191210_103034.jpg
    IMG_20191210_103034.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 64
Over the past couple of weeks I have been in the process of totally rewiring the hack job that the PO had in place. Basically cleaning it up.

I have read over wiring diagrams but have am stumped.

Here is a pic of the connector out of the indicator display. Need help identifying some of these.

Blue - Neutral
Black - Ground
Dark brown - L signal I think
Light brown?
Dark green - R signal I think
Light green?

Also, while rewiring I see a light brown wire that circulates and attaches to many components. What is this wire? Is it just constant power?
One of the two unidentified should be the backlighting for the gauges, the other, high beam indicator? Pic of the cluster? Is it XS or "something else"?

Yes, the brown is switched power from the ignition switch. From there (the iggy sw.) it goes to the fuse block. From there it branches out to just about everything needing power.

This diagram shows 2 wires for each turn signal light front and rear. My aftermarket signal lights have only 1 wire coming out from it. Do these need some type of grounding wire or is being attached to the bike grounding enough?

Back