Wiring Novice

zeroxs650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I need to know what is the best resource for wiring diagram for dummies. I had taken the wires out of the headlamp bucket (I did label them) but have a few that I am not sure where they connect to. I have a colored wiring diagram but damn if I can figure it out, especially with the 8 different wiring leads that go into the headlamp bucket. If you have a need to bash me, don't, I already realize my shortcomings.....

Are you putting everything back in stock form? If so just take your time, everything is color coded and use connectors. Just go back and match up the correct colors and connector to its matching component.

Yes, I am putting everything back to stock. So what you are saying is every wire with a connector (male) has the same corresponding color connector (female).

Thanks, did complete the wiring install, question on the turn signals. Both of the stock front turn signals are black, one for the light the other a ground. Do each go into one of the double connectors that have a black wire?

On the turn signals the right side has a dark green wire, the left is chocolate, or dark brown.
Also the wire coming out of the center of the mount stud is the hot wire. Even if they are black, it's not really a problem. Just plug the right side into the DG wire, the left into the chocolate wire.
The grounds are wires that have a round loop on one end that goes under the nut and washers that mount the lights. These wires should plug into the harness ground.
Leo

Pic may help a little.

Some of the female bullet connectors are triple or double to take multiple male connectors, especially the earth, B,(black), L,(blue), Y,(yellow).

As XSleo says the power wire from the indicators are black and you just need to connect the appropriate wires to the appropriate side. DG right, CH left

I have found the DG, (dark green) especially, and CH, (chocolate) can be confused for black wires if they are dirty, may need to give the wires a good clean with WD40 or such

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF7015.jpg
    Copy of DSCF7015.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 189
Back