Without stating your age: How old are you?

First car was a 1957 Bel Air 2dr HT. My first 3 accessories in the correct order were Corvette valve covers. Chrome reversed wheels (with baby moon`s), and the highly sought after "Reverberator" for the rear seat speaker. AM never sounded so good!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
High gain dish antennas for a microwave link. ATT Long Lines set them up after WW2 to transmit long distance calls and network TV. These were replaced in the 1960's by satellite links and then starting in the 80's the satellite links were replaced by fibre optic links. From what I understand a lot of the workers that installed the first links died early because the dangers of high powered microwaves were not understood. The research by Bell Labs that commercialized the klystron tube led to your microwave oven.
I have a modern version of microwave link that provides me with internet from 19 miles away in town.
DSCN0473.JPG

Last edited:
One of the few Canadian programs we got was the "Forrest Rangers" Who still remembers them, Max Pete perhaps?

oh yeah - I remember and later when my family travelled a bit, I recall kids abroad thinking that we all lived like that. It’s so funny the stereotypes one forms about other places from TV shows.
EF0996DC-71EC-4258-A853-EF4FE69BB975.jpeg

oh yeah - I remember and later when my family travelled a bit, I recall kids abroad thinking that we all lived like that. It’s so funny the stereotypes one gets about other places from TV shows

I know what you mean. Traveling thru Germany and Austria somehow people instantly knew I was from Texas. Perhaps the boots and accent. People would ask if I knew Yar and Boobie. It wasn't until I was watching "Dallas" in German on TV that I realized they were talking about JR and Bobby.

AM radio (CKLW out of Detroit). In high school we had to do all calculations with a slide rule. Texas Instruments had just come out with a hand held calculator that a few rich kids had. But no one could use them in class or on tests

Back