Worst job you ever had?

Yup.... and Kids now days , some of them start out at $20.00 hr and complain that is not enough !
and the worst part is , I never made over $15.00 an hr even in my own business ! , now Minimum wage is what ? $8.50hr , something like that..... I was a mechanic at a forklift repair place and got that ! ..... I guess it has to do with being in the Baby boomer generation, too many people looking for work and not enough jobs available, now it's just the opposite too many Jobs not enough people to fill them, there is help wanted signs up all over the place ! .... in my day, you had to stand in line to put in a job app !
..... but can you imagine trying to start out with a new wife now days, 18 yrs old if your lucky, and trying to work 2 jobs one to pay the rent one for the food you eat and Pray the car doesn't brake down ! ... we think we had it bad but the cost of living has risen higher than it ever was in Our generation ..... try and find a room or apartment for under $150 a month ! that ain't happening now days ! so you gott'a sleep in your car,....and when you do you get arrested because you can't do that any more ! at least not in California ! ....LOL your supposed to be Rich here!
you know check into a motel and pay $95.00 a night for a BED ! ....AT MOTEL 6..... you know the one that used to be $6.00 a night! .... it's gone berserk i tell ya !!!
Times change but who would'a thought that a Nickle candy-bar would be $1.25 each now ? .....
want a shock ? try and buy a bottle of water ! they cost as much as a Pepsi ! ....and it's water !
its a case of "Who can be the most GREEDY and still survive" in business its a crying shame , but it will just continue to get worse as time goes on..... .... I get almost $600.00 a month from SSI..... How in anyone's dreams am I supposed to survive on that ? Rent alone is more than that.... and what about transportation ? and utilities.... it's completely ridiculous !
.....I asked the SSI gal how am I supposed to survive on that little of an Income ? I paid my taxes ! I deserve more ! and she just shrugged her shoulders and gave a silly grin ! .... it's like Yah Sucker ! you fell for it too !
Bob.......
=================================================
I feel ya Bob,,
I remember a lot of stuff from back when life was really good and carefree.
Damn shame greed finally brought its ugly face into the mix. Seems anywhere ya go it is terribly hard to make ends meet,,especially if you work for yourself.
Been there done that too. Far as the SS goes,, I have 3 years till I'm done working,, I just hope it is still there. I have a better chance with that than with my savings actually,, hehheh like a lot of people here I assume. But there are other "assets" though,,the lifestyle will for sure need to be toned down but hey,, I will just be riding and having a good time.

Had a few "fill in" jobs to keep food on the table between when my layoff money stopped and my pension kicked in.
Some, not too bad:-
Part-time machinist. "got machinist's papers?" "Yes but they're from 40 years back." "Where from?" "Rolls-Royce" "Start tomorrow."
Temp. AutoCAD drafting. AutoCAD as a help in scientific equipment design, great. Cranking out AutoCAD architectural details, not so much.
And then there was assembling bicycles at COSTCO.
Building the little bastards is easy. Building them down to COSTCO's standards (not oiling the cables & bearings) well, I wasn't buying them.
Building them next to COSTCO's giant trash compactor on hot days was not a good thing to do. Told the manager, this stink ain't healthy.
"I got this ozone injector and nobody to install it" "I'll do it for a C-note plus parts" "The bikes can wait! Start now!"
The work environment was better after that but the new manager was offended by my lack of subservience so I was out of there.

Aldo, that's some LONG hours for not much money. I guess most of us started out in the not much money range.
Adjusted for inflation, that'd be $9.52, so not bad in that context. The next summer I hired into General Motors to start the co-op engineering program at $2.53 or so - thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

I went to work for Oldsmobile in October of 1968. With night shift bonus, I was making something like $3.25 an hour. That was BIG money for me.

Then I reported to Navy boot camp and started taking home a whopping $84 a month. Of course, room, board and wardrobe were covered...

Yah ! Boot camp don't know if you call that a Job or not it's more like indentured servitude ! 24/7
I enlisted in the Army because I got a greetings letter from the US Government ( DRAFTED) so I enlisted before that date. it worked
it seams the Drill Sergeant hated draftees.... 3 weeks of total misery in the HOLD barracks after they found a hernia on me so they said either go home or get an operation, and I already saw the hospital and it scared the hell out of me so I went home !
yah that was probably the worst of all of them, all day picking up cigerett buts 3 weeks on end I was ready to go over the hill just waiting to get OUT.... LOL
Bob......

I pre-enlisted in the Navy while still in High School. It was that or the draft so it was pretty much a no-brainer. Enlisted for 6 years for guaranteed Electronics Technician school, thanks to good ASVAB scores.

Boot camp at Great Lakes in February was not the best possible plan however...

I went to work for Oldsmobile in October of 1968. With night shift bonus, I was making something like $3.25 an hour. That was BIG money for me.

Then I reported to Navy boot camp and started taking home a whopping $84 a month. Of course, room, board and wardrobe were covered...
$3.50! Does sound like big money as I started at the quarry in June of `68 at $2.89. Never got my invitation to join the Army so I just kept working there summers for a couple years then went full time for the next 45 years.

Back