For Sale - WTB carburetor connection parts

NickB

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up a project this is my second XS i am building and I don't have the 3 parts to connect the carbs together the top bracket bottom angle and the rod. My bike is a 1975. Hoping to just buy the parts and not the whole carburetor setup. If there are any idea's or part numbers I can use to look these up that would be a great help also.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick, do investigate the intake manifolds as well. It seems that bikes with "linked BS38'S" may have later manifolds too. Not sure but likely
:umm:

I have those everything was together in a small box and it came with rebuild kits. I rebuilt one and then started looking for those parts and realized they were missing. I looked through all the boxes of parts and no dice. I will probably just buy a assembled set of carbs but I hate to take them off a usable set if I could find someone with just the parts. The guy he bought the project from was doing a cafe bike and scraped a ton of parts I would have passed but it came with a lot of nice parts which are worth almost what I paid for the bike so now I have a basket case to sort lol.

Nick, if you have factory 75 carbs then they are not linked. I’m not sure what year they started linking them together, but I’m sure someone here will chime in. I’ll see if I can find a pic for you.

Pic of stock 75 carbies. They are independent and only connected with fuel line. Choke only operates left carb.
34886F28-4EE6-495E-96C8-0C38BF3737EF.jpeg

Ok I looked around on ebay and it looked like they had 1975 as the starting year. The last bike I built was early 80's and was linked this bike has the tubes running to both carbs and a throttle cable mount on each side with a single choke lever found a set local for $50 bucks are they interchangeable through out the years?

Thanks I have the rebuilt and installed I am trying to figure out the wiring right now the OP had it wired for a xs charge PMA KIT and the starter is still wired but no switch so I tried kicking it and I seem to not have any spark on the left cylinder.

I believe "5 Twins" has several pictures of jets, needles and what years. I have these charts screenshotd' somewhere.

Back