WTF did I do now? The Ersatz Indian

How is this going end?

• Sold before you even touch it

• sold as soon as it runs

• Allison is going to claim and ride it.

• gggG is going to fix it and ride it to the vintage rally in NC

• This'll be the last straw ggGary'll be (fully) around the bend.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's real.

pc2.jpg

Maybe not too bad if it's like a shrunk goldwing. Real goldwing is really too big to be useful unless maybe if you're a giant.

She probably has the idea of riding cross country, from your xs ride, but doesn't want to do it on her xs because of what you told her about the experience :)

She's waffling now, when I mentioned it weighs 600 lbs. she hesitated, smart gal my wife.
Picture of one of the local for sale bikes loaded for a trip.
pc800 fully laden.jpg
Issue; with a lot of crap strapped on there like XJ's pic, raising the baggage lid is going to be hard or could even break the hinges.
It sucks to be fully packed and then find out the item you need most (like a rain suit) is at the bottom of the heap.

Last edited:
It's been at the bottom of the "todo" heap, no takers after a summer of for sale ads. Needed to put a spoke front wheel on period piece so it's coming apart.
First time I've really been able to see the rear suspension engineering.
20190824_195915.jpg

20190824_195859.jpg

Pretty sure that "coming apart" is for the best here. OK, positive it's best.
20190824_164257.jpg

Attachments

• 20190824_171620.jpg
    20190824_171620.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 147
Ah ha..finally i understand the references to the ersatz indian..man there alot of fake stuff on that..but it is a pretty bike in its own way...The PC800s were known as "plastic fantastic". All that tupperware was a beeotch to remove and replace when working on anything...A good friend of mine in NJ has had one for many yrs. They look similar to the ST1100s..kissin cousins...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back