WTF is this????? Custom switches

How bout taking a look behind the cover and seeing what is wired to? Just a thought.

What's with all the "KNOWLEDGE" here dude?....:thumbsup:I kinda like the thought of having an "ignite" switch....and maybe it IS for the flux capacitor? Shit, maybe its an ejector seat?

What if it was used as an "On For Fire" switch? That way it could be relabeled using the initials....OFF:laugh:
HA!

Not Choke, Has choke on the carbies.
Still needs key turned to 'run" for the bike to start/run.

I have the battery on the charger now, so can't test if it needs to stay out to run.

Maybe an ignitor for a flame thrower built into the exhaust? That is all I have, sorry.

That would be cool but no sorry!

Punkskalar: I haven't been game enough to pull the bike that far apart yet in case I can't put it back together! Is a logical idea though.

It doesn't have to be out while the bike runs, just tested it.......:( Found a new problem too

Thought my battery went flat, so stuck it on the charger all day and went out tonight and put it back in.......Still dig as a door nail.....Rolled the bike away and the lights sprung on:wtf: Then they went out....shook the bike lights on, lights off,ights on, lights off,ights on, lights off,ights on, quick start her up.......No problem... Seems I have a short, that will be fun to locate.

Maybe I will kill 3 birds with one stone...I need put indicators back on my bike and wire them in, while doing that I might see what is wired into that "Ignite" switch and locate my dodgy wire which is shorting!

At least all the creative answers are giving me a laugh!:thumbsup:

Rolled the bike away and the lights sprung on:wtf:

Here's a crazy Idea... Maybe the bike is set up with a Permanent Magnate Alternator. The Ignite button throws battery power to the starter so you can start it with the button. With out it, the bike acts like a battery less PMA setup.

Theory: Rolling the bike turns the motor crank, PMA produces electricity and lights come on.

Seems like a crazy way to wire the thing...

Here's a crazy Idea... Maybe the bike is set up with a Permanent Magnate Alternator. The Ignite button throws battery power to the starter so you can start it with the button. With out it, the bike acts like a battery less PMA setup.

Theory: Rolling the bike turns the motor crank, PMA produces electricity and lights come on.

Seems like a crazy way to wire the thing...

How do I know if it has a PMA.............1st real bike & first thing I ever wrench on......Oldman worked in a bank, never taught me shit.....He once tried to prune a tree with an electric circular saw...:doh:

Spoke to the previous owner hoping to get an answer, seems he bought the bike wired that way & doesn't know either. My bike I want to know, so I don't understand that either.

What he did tell me was it needs to be out to start, and believes it needs to be out while running to charge the battery.

As posted earlier I can push it in and the bike still runs.

I had to make all sorts of custom switches and indicator lights to replace the originals I was missing. All painted flat black. Drives my friends crazy when they try to ride it.

Also, I have a switch that let's me turn off the alternator to conserve amps while cranking. I also have a switch to turn on the ignition without having ANY lights on.

No clue what "ignite" means, but it's a thought.

Looks like an old missle launch panel :D You've had this bike for days now and it's not finished yet! Come on mate lets get going :wink2:

Back