1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

xs 650 build complete

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2eightcustoms, Mar 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. xs 650 i just finished

Attached Files:

2. dlabkeeg

dlabkeeg XS650 Addict

uummm pretty, like the color.:bike:

3. Ironsled77

Ironsled77 XS650 GRAND HACK

4. Teebs

Teebs King of the Ass-Hats

This is a very clean chop. Beautiful paint. The only thing I wish was different, and this is typical of XS chops, is the neck is left with that horrible gusseting untouched. Still, it's awesome.

5. Tech7

Tech7 XS650 Junkie

Sweet. I love that color and the stripe.:thumbsup:

6. Very clean man. You should post up the build pics too!

7. Travis

Travis Staff Member Staff Member

Glad to see some of you guys got something done this winter. I just did a lot talking about motorcycles :doh:

The bike looks good, did you turn the fork lowers on a lathe or just clean them up by hand?

8. Trex

Trex XS650 Addict

nice clean simple build. My ass cringed at the thought of riding that seat tho. Like the stripes and the rear fender!

9. I like the seat :D My next build is probably going to have a seat like that except I will spring it.

10. curt698

curt698 XS650 Addict

Sweet bike! One very picky item, that paint job is so nice that the red shim in the the battery sticks out like crazy. Get a different color shim, black or color matched.

Sorry, my Mom took me shopping to fabric stores to much when I was very young. It's a wonder I'm straight.

11. Classic

Classic rackin' up the miles

Dude, burnt orange is easily one of my favorite colors. Nice bike. I see you're rockin' the oldschool tires, too.

12. bigpup

bigpup XS650 Addict

very nice, nice set of pipes

13. Beautiful workmanship:thumbsup:. Obviously a lot of engineering and hard work went into that bike. Colour is just perfect.

14. sluginxlt

sluginxlt xs6-fiddy

looks awesome man! love the pipes, any info on them? what you used to make them

15. Earz

Earz XS650 Addict

I'm confused. I don't see a red shim. I see red that is a printed logo on the battery though. I agree though. Wrap the battery with something black and it will look better.

Posted via Mobile

16. Norton KustomS

Norton KustomS XS650 Enthusiast

Looks killer....any chance you bought those pipes? I really want to run some like that.

17. hey thanks!! the lower fork tubes i turned down on the lathe made the exhaust out of the stock headers cut-rotate-gas weld (eliminating the inner pipe) the wheels are early honda cb 450 i wanted drum front and rear for a vintage look i do all my own fab media blasting hardtails oil tanks seats wiring body work leather work and paint the tank is a 70s wassel i found at a garage sale and im not sure where i found the rear fender any of u minnesota guys going to the donny smith show this weekend? oh and the "red shim" is a logo on the battery i have a matte black cover for it

18. curt698

curt698 XS650 Addict

Alrighty then, hell of a nice bike.

19. hein weijers

hein weijers XS650 Special (5E6) 1982

The color you used is that a suzuki car color? Copper Sunshine or something like that?

Hein