xs 650 i just finished

Attachments

• tower 012.jpg
    tower 012.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 475
  • tower 013.jpg
    tower 013.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 419
This is a very clean chop. Beautiful paint. The only thing I wish was different, and this is typical of XS chops, is the neck is left with that horrible gusseting untouched. Still, it's awesome.

Glad to see some of you guys got something done this winter. I just did a lot talking about motorcycles :doh:

The bike looks good, did you turn the fork lowers on a lathe or just clean them up by hand?

Sweet bike! One very picky item, that paint job is so nice that the red shim in the the battery sticks out like crazy. Get a different color shim, black or color matched.

Sorry, my Mom took me shopping to fabric stores to much when I was very young. It's a wonder I'm straight.

Sweet bike! One very picky item, that paint job is so nice that the red shim in the the battery sticks out like crazy. Get a different color shim, black or color matched.

Sorry, my Mom took me shopping to fabric stores to much when I was very young. It's a wonder I'm straight.

I'm confused. I don't see a red shim. I see red that is a printed logo on the battery though. I agree though. Wrap the battery with something black and it will look better.

Posted via Mobile

hey thanks!! the lower fork tubes i turned down on the lathe made the exhaust out of the stock headers cut-rotate-gas weld (eliminating the inner pipe) the wheels are early honda cb 450 i wanted drum front and rear for a vintage look i do all my own fab media blasting hardtails oil tanks seats wiring body work leather work and paint the tank is a 70s wassel i found at a garage sale and im not sure where i found the rear fender any of u minnesota guys going to the donny smith show this weekend? oh and the "red shim" is a logo on the battery i have a matte black cover for it

Back